Discharged for dishonesty and integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
My Local always has hearings very quickly for walk off terminations.

If he was trained this way and it is common practice in his area to be trained that way with a wink and nudge, then most likely everyone in the Local and the management side know this is common and the termination is bull dinky.

In my local the employee still probably will have to put principle aside and take a suspension to make this go away the quickest.

Rolling the dice and waiting it out has it’s risks but the reward of back pay does exist.

Fuzzy Brown

My husband was discharged this past friday for dishonesty and integrity. Something about scanning a pick up out of area. I'm so anxious waiting to see what is going to happen with his job. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and what are the chances he can get back to work.

Was it a scheduled pickup or a call tag?
From your description it sounds like a call tag and if so it’s not unusual to be fired for not being at the address when it’s recorded, it’s no different than not making a legitimate attempt to deliver a package.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I don't know if I'm wording this correctly since I don't work for UPS but something about making better time.
I hope your husband gets his job back.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for him, if that is the case.
Management wants, and trains you to go faster and faster at the expense of safety, and sometimes integrity.

It's just not worth it. We're all hourly. Do it all by the book, and don't worry about looking over your shoulder.

542thruNthru

My husband was discharged this past friday for dishonesty and integrity. Something about scanning a pick up out of area. I'm so anxious waiting to see what is going to happen with his job. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and what are the chances he can get back to work.
Depending on what you mean by this will determine how screwed he is.

AC2007

she doesent know she’s just regurgitating something her man said and he won’t come on here and ask himself sounds like a real winner
I'm asking myself because I am curious to hear if anyone else has been in the same situation. He's not asking because he doesn't care to hear from anyone else.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We've had guys get fired and pretend to go to work for a month till they got their jobs back. We've also had wives come in demanding to talk to the DM and soon find out that her husband wasn't really giving her the whole story.

we had one quit called the boss some choice names on his way out

next morning here he comes with his wife who is madder than a hornet

she made him go in bosses office and beg for his job back
He never lived it down

542thruNthru

we had one quit called the boss some choice names on his way out

next morning here he comes with his wife who is madder than a hornet

she made him go in bosses office and beg for his job back
He never lived it down
Wow, I'd get divorced before I did that.

He have a few wives that call the center every so often to see if their husbands have left yet or complain how they work too late. That's always a good laugh.