Discharged

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What time of day? Was it dark? What excuse does one have for not double and triple checking the label(s)? I never liked grabbing RS or etc. from customers, and always made sure whenever possible NOT to pick up returns. This seems opposite

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It was delivered prior my arrival via amazon

Sorry, I got distracted before posting that. I've never seen an Amazon label, but I can usually pick out different shippers' labels from across the room.

Any non-UPS packages that make it to our building end up in the office because the local sorter scanners won't accept them. You could have a thief in the building taking advantage of the situation.

Hopefully you can get them to believe you didn't intend to steal the package, then take responsibility for your massive screw up and pay for the item.

Upser949

Sorry, I got distracted before posting that. I've never seen an Amazon label, but I can usually pick out different shippers' labels from across the room.

Any non-UPS packages that make it to our building end up in the office because the local sorter scanners won't accept them. You could have a thief in the building taking advantage of the situation.

Hopefully you can get them to believe you didn't intend to steal the package, then take responsibility for your massive screw up and pay for the item.
I know something is up with this whole situation because I wouldn’t just take a package for no reason, o well if it works out it works out, if not everything happens for a reason, maybe time for bigger and better things

Poop Head

Judge me.
I was discharged today for “theft.” I’ve been a full time package driver for a little over two years now (still utility). So what happened was I did a delivery and then grabbed a printer (delivered by amazon) on the way back, they have it on there door cam and everything. I don’t remember anything about the stop, but I must have grabbed it for some reason, btw I would never steal anything more or less a PRINTER! I didn’t get an odp or have a call tag for it. So my guess is it either had a double label or I just completely zoned out. The problem is that it came from amazon and claim there packages are clean with no double label. I met with the head of security a couple of times, and all the evidence points towards me stealing it, can’t locate the package etc. I know if they check telematics they can see I didn’t stop anywhere off route or anything like that. On top of all that the resident filed a police report, it’s just all bad. I have a panel hearing to try and get my job back and he said it won’t be for another 3-6 months. Sooo yea feel kinda screwed for making a simple mistake, any input would be great. I didn’t steal the printer.
At least you'll be able to print a new resume

ManInBrown

What do you mean you grabbed a package, don’t remember grabbing it, have no idea why you grabbed it, and now they can’t find it? Might be the weirdest UPS story I have ever heard. Lay off the hallucinogens at your next gig

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
At a pick up acct , I could see this maybe happening , but at a resi?? Why would you grab it and not do a 6 sided ck for a label indicating a ups pkg ?
And you can’t remember it ??
How many resi pick ups you do a day ??
I can’t even seeing this as a brain fart !

Upser949

At a pick up acct , I could see this maybe happening , but at a resi?? Why would you grab it and not do a 6 sided ck for a label indicating a ups pkg ?
And you can’t remember it ??
How many resi pick ups you do a day ??
I can’t even seeing this as a brain fart !
250-300

ManInBrown

250-300 stops a day will do that but forsure bro
Nah. No it won’t. I did plenty of days like that in package and never once did what you said in this story. Listen if they found the package in the building that’s one thing, but to do what you did and now they can’t find it. Lolol.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Nah. No it won’t. I did plenty of days like that in package and never once did what you said in this story. Listen if they found the package in the building that’s one thing, but to do what you did and now they can’t find it. Lolol.
I did a 200 plus house call rte for quite a while , and I know I didn’t do many pick ups at a resi and I’m dam sure I’d remember a few call tag or one time pick ups on the day