Discipline papers

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'm the same way. I always try to resolve my issues with management before filing and my DM appreciates it and legitimately works with me. Last time I warned my 9.5 wasn't being respected it was fixed the next day.
That's the way it should be. There should almost never be a need to resort to a grievance. At the end of the day we're all here for the same reason.
I can't figure out my new center manager yet though. It sounds like he's encouraging me to file. I mentioned an issue to him and he said I don't have a grievance for that...I was like do you want one? He said no and just stared blankly.
Hope he doesn't last long. He's gunning for them. Which is ridiculous because it costs them money and all they worry about it how much things are going to cost.

box_beeyotch

That's the way it should be. There should almost never be a need to resort to a grievance. At the end of the day we're all here for the same reason.

Hope he doesn't last long. He's gunning for them. Which is ridiculous because it costs them money and all they worry about it how much things are going to cost.

I'd say filing a grievance is completely necessary if upper management is taking money out of the drivers pocket, otherwise it can usually be resolved.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'd say filing a grievance is completely necessary if upper management is taking money out of the drivers pocket,
And how are they taking money out of driver's pockets? All I hear on here is how drivers get too much work. All that work is money in your pocket, no?

box_beeyotch

And how are they taking money out of driver's pockets? All I hear on here is how drivers get too much work. All that work is money in your pocket, no?

I never complain about having too much work. I'm talking about when you show up to work and aren't given your 8 hours, or when they shut down for 2 inches of snow after everyone is in ready to leave. Granted they can call it an act of God all they want, but when they send only 5 routes out that day, they can work but we can't? And to that extent also, how is it an act of God if you knew about said few inches of snow 24 hours previous? Act of God to me says "spur of the moment" kind of thing.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I never complain about having too much work. I'm talking about when you show up to work and aren't given your 8 hours, or when they shut down for 2 inches of snow after everyone is in ready to leave. Granted they can call it an act of God all they want, but when they send only 5 routes out that day, they can work but we can't? And to that extent also, how is it an act of God if you knew about said few inches of snow 24 hours previous? Act of God to me says "spur of the moment" kind of thing.
I don't know how your management team works. But if we shut down for two inches of snow we may as well just shut for the winter. Are you on a rural route? Because a lot of times we don't send rural routes out, but send in town guys out because it's not near as bad for them.
How is that possible? My former management team would never fix anything. They'd try to beat us into submission, which led to grievances by even the more shy/non-trouble making guys
Small center. Everybody knows each other. Our on cars and drivers are all friendly with each other. We have issues obviously. But normally a chat will solve the problem.

browner89

I don't know how your management team works. But if we shut down for two inches of snow we may as well just shut for the winter. Are you on a rural route? Because a lot of times we don't send rural routes out, but send in town guys out because it's not near as bad for them.

Small center. Everybody knows each other. Our on cars and drivers are all friendly with each other. We have issues obviously. But normally a chat will solve the problem.

Sounds like we work in the same center, lol. Very friendly place here, center manager thinks he's way smarter than he is and tries out really stupid ideas, but noone is really an :censored2:, we don't have the slave mentality in our center that you read about all over this place.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
If you get a grievance filed on you in my building you get a verbal beating.

I always find it amazing on here how much you hear about filing. We've honestly had one grievance in my center in the two years I've been there. Almost everything is fixed by just talking it out.
Rainbows and Unicorns are nice too! Seriously, I wish it had been like this in the building I was in.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
UPS cant get a handle on the technology which causes several misloads a week. The computer likes to change the address on the pal label despite the way off zip code. The dispatcher and management team never re- looped the routes in our center before OR-wronga came in. My loader loads 4 cars, thats another disaster.

box_beeyotch

No I'm a downtown cover, they just made a piss poor decision in our district Tuesday.

PT Car Washer

UPS cant get a handle on the technology which causes several misloads a week. The computer likes to change the address on the pal label despite the way off zip code. The dispatcher and management team never re- looped the routes in our center before OR-wronga came in. My loader loads 4 cars, thats another disaster.
Several misloads a week? We have dozens everyday.