discuss: do unions promote laziness?

705red

Browncafe Steward
If you think cvs was fast paced, come to ups and i promise you your thinking would change! My building alone we do 225,000 pieces a day in roughly 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night, while the drivers deliver it and pick it up in the 10 hours between.

Indy135

If you think cvs was fast paced, come to ups and i promise you your thinking would change! My building alone we do 225,000 pieces a day in roughly 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night, while the drivers deliver it and pick it up in the 10 hours between.

dont speak about something you dont know about

i guarantee you we did just as much freight

LU710

think about it from my perspective

when i was 18 i worked at a CVS distribution center in indianapolis....on the shipping dock, and we worked our asses off....freight flying at you down conveyor belts, hot as hell in summer cold as :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: in the winter....for $9.65 an hour, non union...if you were too slow, they fire you or really discipline you until you can meet the quota

of course this job was non union....if they had unionized the pay would be more and the work load would be more realistic i guarantee it

now do you get what im saying? there are workers at ups freight roadway yellow usf holland that sit on forklifts all day and make the $23.00 an hour top pay...at CVS the highest paid guy at 17 years in and made $12.25
It appears to me that you should be focussing your time helping Local 135 organize the CVS distribution center.

705red

Browncafe Steward
dont speak about something you dont know about

i guarantee you we did just as much freight

Are you kidding me? your with freight for 2 months and you think that you know the inside and out of ups? You need to take your ass to bed before you really wind up getting embarrassed here tonight. Get some sleep and in the morning your realize what you did/said wrong tonight.

Take my advice and sleep it off.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think that the Teamsters, or any other union, promotes laziness but I do believe that some people get away with being lazy because they know that its damn near impossible for them to get fired for it. In fact, some sups don't even bother with write ups because they know that suspensions and getting them fired would simply amount to nothing more than an unpaid vacation (sometimes they are practically paid vacations if they get their jobs back with back pay) for these people. During my short decade (and counting) of employment at UPS I've seen these types of employees in three different UPS buildings that I've been in and also at two other union jobs I've had prior to UPS. So, lets just face the facts here.....unions don't promote laziness but they sure as hell don't deter it either.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
you are an idiot

and the last part about running makes no sense at all

me running freight fast hurts my brothers and sisters?

what?
First of all calling me an idiot will get the attention of the mods rather quickly. DON'T call me an idiot!

Secondly why are you running? Running, being physically running fast or driving fast. That is not a safe practice, it puts yourself and those around in jeopardy. You can cause injuries and accidents. You take jobs away from others because of running (I know you aren't going to get this!).

Indy135

Are you kidding me? your with freight for 2 months and you think that you know the inside and out of ups? You need to take your ass to bed before you really wind up getting embarrassed here tonight. Get some sleep and in the morning your realize what you did/said wrong tonight.

Take my advice and sleep it off.

to do any more freight then we did is almost impossible

i have seen obese guys who work at ups

all of us at CVS were in top shape, we were in the back of semi trailers i use to drink over 200 ounces of water in the summer and was losin weight all the time and throwin up

that place was full of illegal immigrants, i guarantee ups doesnt do more freight then we did

Indy135

First of all calling me an idiot will get the attention of the mods rather quickly. DON'T call me an idiot!

Secondly why are you running? Running, being physically running fast or driving fast. That is not a safe practice, it puts yourself and those around in jeopardy. You can cause injuries and accidents. You take jobs away from others because of running (I know you aren't going to get this!).

freight running= running freight

running freight= moving freight from one place to another

you can run freight slow as hell, run only means move

but yes we do fly around that dock, we have to, all of us, they dont wanna spend a few hundred dollars to put in mirrors, or build a bigger dock or put in some patio trailers for more space or anything

Indy135

who cares about the mods? i dont

let them ban me, like i cant get around a ban:funny:

705red

Browncafe Steward
to do any more freight then we did is almost impossible

i have seen obese guys who work at ups

all of us at CVS were in top shape, we were in the back of semi trailers i use to drink over 200 ounces of water in the summer and was losin weight all the time and throwin up

that place was full of illegal immigrants, i guarantee ups doesnt do more freight then we did
Really? Your one cvs you say does more packages than a 4 billion dollar a year company that is world wide?

I guess freight does not drug test dock workers!

And dont insult any senior members on this forum when you clearly are the one that is talking about something your are 100% completely unaware of!

Indy135

Really? Your one cvs you say does more packages than a 4 billion dollar a year company that is world wide?

I guess freight does not drug test dock workers!

And dont insult any senior members on this forum when you clearly are the one that is talking about something your are 100% completely unaware of!

my cvs distribution center did more freight per loader per hour is what i meant

anybody with a brain would know that

you never worked for CVS and u are telling me what its like, they u are saying i am talking about things i dont know about

rollin.gif

Indy135

u disagree with me makes me a troll

makes alot of sense

in that case you are a troll

bill oreilly is a troll to the media cuz i dont agree with what he says

terrymac

what is a 'CVS' is a doctor needed? I have seen some feeder drivers that looked like they needed a little motivation..............

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
who cares about the mods? i dont

let them ban me, like i cant get around a ban:funny:

And we don't care for people calling other people idiots.

You can get around being banned? Seems like I've heard that one before.

Please try to leave out the insults. You posted a topic to some of the hardest working union workers in the world. Just try to keep the discussion on a little more respectable level.

upsgrunt

my cvs distribution center did more freight per loader per hour is what i meant

anybody with a brain would know that

you never worked for CVS and u are telling me what its like, they u are saying i am talking about things i dont know about

rollin.gif

You claimed to have drank 200 ounces of water while in the trailers. That's 12.5 gallons- are you sure you know what you are talking about?