Dishonest?

Whats 9.5?

I don't know. I could see it happening if the weather was bad. I believe the OP said they were expecting a major storm, though it didn't hit as bad as they thought.

They didn't want to send out another truck in bad weather to get the misload and they didn't want the driver taking any unnecessary chances running a misload........in bad weather.

It may be stretching it a little, but if it is snowing pretty good or a major storm on the way, I could see their point.
When that message came through it hadn't snowed in about 4 hours and the roads were dry. They were calling for 4-8 inches and we basically got a inch around 9am and then the sun came out and it was over.

Future

Victory Ride
When that message came through it hadn't snowed in about 4 hours and the roads were dry. They were calling for 4-8 inches and we basically got a inch around 9am and then the sun came out and it was over.
image.gif

JL 0513

Misload : right truck, wrong shelf
Misroute : right shelf, wrong truck

Another example of different language within the same company. It still amazes me how every center runs different within the same company. Surprised the package cars are all the same color.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Local management has the authority to disregard DIAD training designed by Upper management?
Sure ... they are closest to the situation and within prescribed guidelines, they have the authority.

Per the UPS Policy Book, authority at UPS is decentralized to the local district level.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Sure ... they are closest to the situation and within prescribed guidelines, they have the authority.

Per the UPS Policy Book, authority at UPS is decentralized to the local district level.

It's still dishonest. Here's the test; if it's on the nightly news, how would corporate respond.

1. Our local manager has the authority to falsify anything.

Or

2. This is absolutely not our policy. It's obviously just misunderstanding. We are currently investigating this and can assure you that every effort to resolve this and insure it does not happen again will be taken.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's still dishonest. Here's the test; if it's on the nightly news, how would corporate respond.

1. Our local manager has the authority to falsify anything.

Or

2. This is absolutely not our policy. It's obviously just misunderstanding. We are currently investigating this and can assure you that every effort to resolve this and insure it does not happen again will be taken.
You reveal your inability to rationally discuss this subject by using the word "falsify".
You have already reached a conclusion without understanding authority and how little you know about what went into the decision.
But, continue on, you are one of the masses that mill around floundering in their ignorance.

HardknocksUPSer

You reveal your inability to rationally discuss this subject by using the word "falsify".
You have already reached a conclusion without understanding authority and how little you know about what went into the decision.
But, continue on, you are one of the masses that mill around floundering in their ignorance.
Maybe he questions management because he wants to keep his job? We are all taught to be honest. In the case we are told to do otherwise we should question it.

rod

Retired 22 years

That's kind of harsh------what kind of pills are you on today?

upschuck

I believe that to be true.

Your point?
So if that label causes money not to be refunded, and "missed" gets refunded, then they are "stealing" the shipper's money, ergo the dishonesty. I believe there was diad training that also said to sheet them as missed, recently.