Dispatch Tool

Re-Raise

Has anyone else noticed the new dispatch tool uses an adjustment for how much a driver is usually over/under allowed?

The planned dispatch that they use in the morning may be an actual 7.5 day but if the driver runs an hour and a half over every day the computer shows it as a 9 hr dispatch.

On the flip side if you usually run a half hour under they show an actual 9.5 hr day as a 9 hr dispatch.

It is no longer the drivers that work at a quick pace who get in first anymore. It is now becoming a race to become the Alpha Sloth!

D35979FB-E1C7-460F-AC4B-3C3D82921CB5.gif

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Has anyone else noticed the new dispatch tool uses an adjustment for how much a driver is usually over/under allowed?

The planned dispatch that they use in the morning may be an actual 7.5 day but if the driver runs an hour and a half over every day the computer shows it as a 9 hr dispatch.

On the flip side if you usually run a half hour under they show an actual 9.5 hr day as a 9 hr dispatch.

It is no longer the drivers that work at a quick pace who get in first anymore. It is now becoming a race to become the Alpha Sloth!

View attachment 205707
It's funny that you thought it was any different before.

Re-Raise

Just started 33yrs ago. Our new dispatch child only looks at her dispatch numbers and doesn’t realize how much she is taking off the slugs and giving the people who work at a quicker pace.

Before the slugs just got in later, now they are rewarded.

B6C8403E-4721-45D7-B060-CE07B92CE834.jpeg

I stopped at home for a half hour swim Friday on route, and will do so every day until I am the Alpha Sloth!

ManInBrown

This. My route would go out with 20-25 more stops per day when I was on vacation. Runner gunners get loaded down like no tomorrow. Naive Drivers think that they don’t pay attention to sheet like that. Anyone that believes that I got a bridge to sell you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just started 33yrs ago. Our new dispatch child only looks at her dispatch numbers and doesn’t realize how much she is taking off the slugs and giving the people who work at a quicker pace.

View attachment 205794

I stopped at home for a half hour swim Friday on route, and will do so every day until I am the Alpha Sloth!
Does your boyfriend shave those legs or do you do it yourself?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

View attachment 205707
Where is this tool located? Sounds like another violation of fair days work for fair days pay.

Re-Raise

I am the highest seniority driver in my center. They have cut my route every day for the last three weeks to add a baseline route to help a couple of sloths who are going out with 7 hr days and taking 9.5 hrs to run them.

I follow my work on to a route next to mine that is usually ran by a runner-gunner that runs at least an hour under every day. So that is factored in on the “planned day”.

I am on the 9.5 and filing, but I just can’t believe we are in a race to the bottom to see who can be the slowest now.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This. My route would go out with 20-25 more stops per day when I was on vacation. Runner gunners get loaded down like no tomorrow. Naive Drivers think that they don’t pay attention to sheet like that. Anyone that believes that I got a bridge to sell you.
Big time runner who has taken his route from like 100-110 to 140-150 over the last few years.

I covered the route for 3-4 weeks in a row. I knocked of about 10 stops per week and it was a decent route by the last week. Now he's right back in the 140-150 range.

Keep on running lol.

Brownslave688

I am the highest seniority driver in my center. They have cut my route every day for the last three weeks to add a baseline route to help a couple of sloths who are going out with 7 hr days and taking 9.5 hrs to run them.

I follow my work on to a route next to mine that is usually ran by a runner-gunner that runs at least an hour under every day. So that is factored in on the “planned day”.

I am on the 9.5 and filing, but I just can’t believe we are in a race to the bottom to see who can be the slowest now.
We don't recognize their numbers.

Brownslave688

View attachment 205794

I hate to even ask......speedo?

a911scanner

Every "Dispatch Tool" is clueless. Unless it's an ORS covering, then they are just vindictive or rewarding. Another Dispatch Tool.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey

I am forced to say it again...now knowing you've been there 33 years. It is amazing to me that you are just now noticing this. I just retired with 32 years, and it was this way from day 1. I, as a newer driver would be forced to take stops off neighboring routes simply because those drivers were slooooow. It taught me real quick that there was only one reward for working quickly, more stops. That ended real quick. If you want to call me a sloth, so be it. At least I was a wise sloth that wasn't about to get treated like a doormat.

Nice pool btw. It's great to go home for lunch and take a swim. I did it every summer day for years! Now it's my full time job!