Dispatcher?

naliao

Hi all, currently working as a PVD. Was curious about the dispatcher role and any info related to it.. How to apply, what id need to do etc?

I went to school for air traffic control and have a good wpm / computer exp, figured it would be a decent fit

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Hi all, currently working as a PVD. Was curious about the dispatcher role and any info related to it.. How to apply, what id need to do etc?

I went to school for air traffic control and have a good wpm / computer exp, figured it would be a decent fit
You mean the lady with no area knowledge, who’s never delivered a package or driven the truck, who messages me on road giving me more work?
Or
The guy with no area knowledge, who’s never delivered a package or driven the truck, who gets up at 11 pm after a few hours sleep and puts my route together, giving me more work?
Why would you want to be that lady or that guy?

deeztier

You mean the lady with no area knowledge, who’s never delivered a package or driven the truck, who messages me on road giving me more work?
Or
The guy with no area knowledge, who’s never delivered a package or driven the truck, who gets up at 11 pm after a few hours sleep and puts my route together, giving me more work?
Why would you want to be that lady or that guy?

they/them

GenericUsername

I'd actually love to do dispatch for a month or so just to see what it's like to be in their shoes. I think I could put together some decent routes in our center. Sure, some people wouldn't be happy, but those would be the ones who think that 12 stops an hour on an all resi route is too much.

naliao

I'd actually love to do dispatch for a month or so just to see what it's like to be in their shoes. I think I could put together some decent routes in our center. Sure, some people wouldn't be happy, but those would be the ones who think that 12 stops an hour on an all resi route is too much.
Id be interested to see what all they do. I go home and play games like openttd and stuff, sounds like a fun job imo

bumped

The problem is that the ivory tower only tells you how many routes you can build. Then, you have to take care of you 8 hours and 9.5 people. Screw the remaining drivers with whatever amount of stops there are. I'm sure that job is a disaster

GenericUsername

The problem is that the ivory tower only tells you how many routes you can build. Then, you have to take care of you 8 hours and 9.5 people. Screw the remaining drivers with whatever amount of stops there are. I'm sure that job is a disaster

You get 200 stops. You get 200 stops! EVERY-BODY GETS TWO HUNDRED STOOOOOOPPPPPSSSS!!!!

Grey

Every dispatcher I’ve had has left that job considerably fatter than when they started. It’s a stress bomb.

No i show up and do my work! Hop on the truck and start slinging packages so they can get on route asap.

Uhhh, maybe I don't know what a PVD is...cuz that doesn't sound like PVD work...but I know what a PVD is...so...
giphy (20).gif