Disqualified for two years?

Notcool

I recently signed a RTD bid sheet. Got called to a meeting and was never scheduled a road test or anything. Got a cal from hr asking if I was still interested told them I never drove a stick said I was disqualified for 2 years. Been loading for 7 years was going to purchase a manual vehicle to give me time to learn. What a BS rule. I think I am just going to quit. How many people have stick anymore? Whatever hate this company 7 years busting my hump. Im out

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Re: Disqualified for two yers?

HR put you down as disqualifying yourself, which it sounds like you effectively did. If you self-DQ, you cannot come out to drive again for 2 years. If the company DQ's you, you can come out to drive again after 1 year. There are stories of guys showing up to Feeder school in beach shorts to get the company to DQ them instead of self-DQ'ing in order to avoid the extra year.

over9five

Staff member

OP, you screwed yourself. You could have had someone teach you to drive a stick in a package car over a weekend.
Call them back, tell them you want that opportunity!

Whargoul

I didn't know how to drive stick either. I asked my sups & center manager to let me drive around in the lot when they had an extra car. Saturday are a good day to come in and practice.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I recently signed a RTD bid sheet. Got called to a meeting and was never scheduled a road test or anything. Got a cal from hr asking if I was still interested told them I never drove a stick said I was disqualified for 2 years. Been loading for 7 years was going to purchase a manual vehicle to give me time to learn. What a BS rule. I think I am just going to quit. How many people have stick anymore? Whatever hate this company 7 years busting my hump. Im out
Dude, that sucks...and no offense but you've been there 7 years....at some point, didn't you know you needed learn/to be able to drive a stick to be a driver???

J

jibbs

Dude, that sucks...and no offense but you've been there 7 years....at some point, didn't you know you needed learn/to be able to drive a stick to be a driver???

Most part-timers in my center seem to be under the impression that UPS' driving school also teaches how to drive a manual transmission. I've ruined more than a few people's day by chiming in when I overhear conversations about this topic... I didn't know it would result in a 2-year DQ if you win the bid but can't drive stick, though. I also never thought of asking management in my center if I could possibly learn myself in a package car around the center if ever possible.

Brown Cafe never fails to offer valuable insight with these kinds of questions (you know, once you weed through all the sarcasm and get to the gist of a post).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Most part-timers in my center seem to be under the impression that UPS' driving school also teaches how to drive a manual transmission. I've ruined more than a few people's day by chiming in when I overhear conversations about this topic... I didn't know it would result in a 2-year DQ if you win the bid but can't drive stick, though. I also never thought of asking management in my center if I could possibly learn myself in a package car around the center if ever possible.

Brown Cafe never fails to offer valuable insight with these kinds of questions (you know, once you weed through all the sarcasm and get to the gist of a post).
Hey, don't knock sarcasm....it might just be the glue that holds my sanity together! lmao

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

WOW

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
The funniest part if all this is the fact that in a truck with a spicer you dont need to know how to drive stick. You can shift without using the clutch.

If slinging a stick trans gets then worked up to quit then what'll they do when it's in a bricked out 10cube on a blind route, commit suicide in the building?

Indecisi0n

If slinging a stick trans gets then worked up to quit then what'll they do when it's in a bricked out 10cube on a blind route, commit suicide in the building?

If you do what I would do they will never do that again.

Is that too many do's in one sentence?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Im not trying to dogg ya dude but come on man you are a dude and you cant drive a stick wtf lol. Out here on the east coast near the beach and country its second nature driving on the beach and in the woods and in fields mudding HEE HAW LOL.

Im not trying to dogg ya dude but come on man you are a dude and you cant drive a stick wtf lol. Out here on the east coast near the beach and country its second nature driving on the beach and in the woods and in fields mudding HEE HAW LOL.
I dated a girl once , who couldnt drive a stick!............after a little pratice..she got it!.lol