Divorce, UPS style

badpal

I got a divorce while I was working for UPS however it had nothing to do with UPS. I had been seperated 3 years before I started working for UPS. As the reason most marriages end it does not have anything to do with where you work but how you and your spouse get along. Please let me marry a UPS driver who makes enough to make life nice. I will be there everynite when he gets home and up in the morning to cook breakfast for him before he goes to work and all in between doing what he wants me to do with pleasure to do it. It is not the job, it is the person. What I would not give to know I would have my guy walking in the door after working all day for me. I would be there for him in more ways than one.
I have a feeling this threads gonna get good lol. I fell in love when i read the cooking breakfast part. lol

P

prenupme

I used to feel that a pre-nup was a statement of mistrust or planning to fail. If you look at statistics, first marriages fail more than half the time and second marriages double that figure. So a pre-nup is just recognizing that fact. I'd like marriage to be about love, but in reality it's a business partnership as recognized by the courts. So it's smart to take that into account and have an attorney protect your interests should the worst happen while you are not in the right frame of mind to make cautious sensible decisions.

I tell every woman I date right up front that I'll never marry again without a pre-nup unless she has more money than me (and therefore more to lose!). LOL

Listen to Tom Leykis!
www.blowmeuptom.com

ImpactedTSG

Ive said it before, im sure it will come up again. I love my wife of 13 years. When i go to UPS, i have to sacrifice a few hours to pay the bills. My wife doesnt work and i only work my part time gig. We may not be driving BMWs and going on trips to London, but we have each other for 18+ hours a day, everyday, and no amount of money will bring her back when shes gone. Thats more important to me than any car or crappy vacation.
You support the two of you with just a part time job at UPS? :surprised: What do you do take a couple boxes home with you to sleep in?

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
Tiegirl didn't mean what she said. I talked to her on her pretty in pink, Malibu Barbie, hot rod phone yesterday and she said that she didn't mean to sound like a chick from the Leave it to Beaver era. She's hung up her pearls and now aspires to have a career of her own. Sure, she might like to find a partner in life at some point, but she just realized that her life doesn't need to codependently revolve around the life of someone with a tally wanker. After rereading her post, she became aware of the submissive undertones of her writing and doesn't feel that women need to be constantly pleasing their men. In fact, and at this point she wispered, maybe he will actually please me in return.

Oh, yea, she also didn't mean to sound like such a gold digger. She is really sorry, ya'll!

tieguy

Banned
Ok, is anyone else thinking what I am right now????? Is this the female version of tieguy....hell... theyre comming out of the woodwork!!!

Does not appear to be a management person

Looks like a clerical admin person
Divorced
and looking for a man

sounds like she should have called herself coldworld instead. :happy-very:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Divorced
and looking for a man

Maybe it would help if she lost that "beehive" hair style and that 70's dress.:tt1::tt1:

AlaskaMike

I may be naive and idealistic but to me "pre-nup" means "I don't trust you." Probably not a good way to start a lifetime marriage "commitment."

That's a little like saying that health insurance means you're planning on being injured. A pre-nup is insurance. If you've already been married and have children and property from the first marriage then a pre-nup is a good idea. It clarifies how things stand and can guarantee your children their inheritance.

AlaskaMike

Divorced
and looking for a man

Of course she's not management! Does anybody here know a manager or supervisor who likes the drivers enough to marry one???

crzyupsgirl

Marriage means very little to people today. Based on the amount of divorces I see it would seem that too many people out there look at marriage as something that they can just jump into and if they don't like it then they can jump right back out. Kind of like trying on a pair of pants. And 90% of the time it's the guy that get's hosed. Too many good hard working guys get the shaft from their wives and the courts after a divorce. Because of this many men are scared to get married. I was the same way for a while. The idea of marrying a girl and treating her well only for her to divorce me because she figured out that she wasn't ready to let go of the single life, let alone stay faithfill, and take me to the cleaners in the process was scary. I have friends that are in that exact scenario. One seemed to have a good marriage but his wife asked for a divorce because she wanted to party and mess around with every guy she met. The courts gave her custody of the kid even though she parties all of the time and she gets child support and kept the house. It just seems that the wife comes out ahead no matter what. It isn't always like that but usually is.

tieguy

Banned
Maybe it would help if she lost that "beehive" hair style and that 70's dress.:tt1::tt1:

I'm not sure thats a beehive. Tiegirl since you're marketing yourself for an ups man you may want to post some more pictures. Looks like the moderators could start another forum for those looking for brown love.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not sure thats a beehive. Tiegirl since you're marketing yourself for an ups man you may want to post some more pictures. Looks like the moderators could start another forum for those looking for brown love.
Brown love? That don't even sound good:dissapointed:

FedexExEmployee

I may be naive and idealistic but to me "pre-nup" means "I don't trust you." Probably not a good way to start a lifetime marriage "commitment."

Tell that to Paul McCartney :speechless::happy-very:

"July 19, 2007 -- HEATHER Mills has rejected Paul McCartney's $41 million proposed divorce settlement, but says she'll graciously hop away for a paltry $102 million, the Times of London reports."

Last edited:
H

hseofpayne

Just wondering how many fellow upsers have gotten a divorce while at UPS as it seems to be epidemic. I'm hoping the opt in/opt out has a positive effect.
If you feel working for UPS has been a contributing factor sound off.
I dated my high school sweetheart 6 years through college, dropped out of college to go full time so we could get married, afford a house. Now I don't have a college degree, a house, or a wife!! I blamed it all on UPS for years, but it turns out I was just an :censored2: when I got home from work every night ! That wasn't UPS fault. Find a way to let work go before you get home each night and don't think you are the only one with problems. I choose a midway point between home and work where I start thinking about UPS on the way to work and about my family on the way home. Oh one more thing, do not marry for looks!!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I dated my high school sweetheart 6 years through college, dropped out of college to go full time so we could get married, afford a house. Now I don't have a college degree, a house, or a wife!! I blamed it all on UPS for years, but it turns out I was just an :censored2: when I got home from work every night ! That wasn't UPS fault. Find a way to let work go before you get home each night and don't think you are the only one with problems. I choose a midway point between home and work where I start thinking about UPS on the way to work and about my family on the way home. Oh one more thing, do not marry for looks!!!!!
You know what they say - No matter how good looking she is someone somewhere is fed up with her BS:happy2:

H

hseofpayne

You know what they say - No matter how good looking she is someone somewhere is fed up with her BS:happy2:
I am gonna write a country song about my divorce, first line goes something like this:
I came home expecting dinner on the table,
But there was no dinner and there was no table!

I wonder how many guys came home from a tough day at work at the ole UPS mine to find there whole house empty, happened to me. I tried to call home when I got off that night like always but the answering machine didn't pick up, phone just kept ringing. Well I thought that was odd but thought maybe the power had been knocked or something to afect the machine. Anyway, when I pulled in my driveway the neighbors all went back in their houses, which was odd. So then I open my front door and see an empty living room, no big screen TV, no sofa, nothing. At this point I thought I had been robbed{well I guess technically I had been} so I ran through the house looking for my wife. When I got to the dining room, I noticed I had a picnic table where my table used to be along with a 5 page letter explaining all of my flaws! The picnic table tipped me off anyway because thieves usually don't leave a trade in!! Anyway, I got the divorce papers a few weeks later asking for half, so I called her lawyer and asked exactly when I should expect my half to be returned!!! Losing all my material possesion was really a small price to pay to get out of a miserable marriage, lost my Z71, my 20ft Stratos bass boat, but I did keep my old Mazda pickup and 12 ft johnboat!

rod

Retired 22 years
Man 5 pages of flaws? How could you be so bad? (just kidding):happy2: Hope you are recovering from your set back