Do all centers have 22.4 drivers?

PT Car Washer

Honestly I can't believe how.drivers there have quit in the past 5 years or so. Some of them was at top rate but they still didn't want this job.
Driver with 13 years seniority quit this past week. Another driver with 8 years quit last month after receiving his retro check. Everybody expects long hours in December but now it is year long.

Zowert

Drones, self driving vehicles, Amazon, the general erosion of the union.

I’m not saying there won’t be ups drivers. It just won’t be anything like how we think of the job now.

Aside from that, there are just too many people on the damn road now days. At least in larger cities. We have a ton of late air every day, not because we’re not ready to roll out at 845/9ish but the traffic getting to and from routes. My pick ups are hell, they start during rush hour and every day I’m struggling to make it to our air drop. A couple times I missed the drop and had to take all my air into center then go back out and finish my route. It kills a good 90 minutes of my day just sitting in traffic.

I think overcrowded roads are going to seriously hurt if not kill UPS’ air service in some areas. The commit time of 10:30 here is getting to be unrealistic.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Aside from that, there are just too many people on the damn road now days. At least in larger cities. We have a ton of late air every day, not because we’re not ready to roll out at 845/9ish but the traffic getting to and from routes. My pick ups are hell, they start during rush hour and every day I’m struggling to make it to our air drop. A couple times I missed the drop and had to take all my air into center then go back out and finish my route. It kills a good 90 minutes of my day just sitting in traffic.

I think overcrowded roads are going to seriously hurt if not kill UPS’ air service in some areas. The commit time of 10:30 here is getting to be unrealistic.
I live in a rural area but the interstates have gotten very busy around here. 20 years ago I could drive to a town 12 miles away and it was not unusual to only see 3-4 vehicles. Now it’s non stop vehicles and a large number of truckers.

There’s a bad wreck blocking traffic once a week or so now. If they are doing road construction it’s more like once a day. It’s crazy.

I live in a rural area but the interstates have gotten very busy around here. 20 years ago I could drive to a town 12 miles away and it was not unusual to only see 3-4 vehicles. Now it’s non stop vehicles and a large number of truckers.

There’s a bad wreck blocking traffic once a week or so now. If they are doing road construction it’s more like once a day. It’s crazy.
The drones will fix this problem.

Brownslave688

Driver with 13 years seniority quit this past week. Another driver with 8 years quit last month after receiving his retro check. Everybody expects long hours in December but now it is year long.
Even then it used to be long hours for a couple weeks in December was about it.

Now it’s get pounded nov, dec, Jan. Then every holiday week. Then oh it’s summer peak. Then oh businesses are stocking up for Christmas. Might get a little break feb-May

Now it’s get pounded nov, dec, Jan. Then every holiday week. Then oh it’s summer peak. Then oh businesses are stocking up for Christmas. Might get a little break feb-May
February = Polar vortex month, then comes Easter, then all of the schools and colleges ending in May.

oldngray

nowhere special

We didn't mind getting hammered for a month or two out of the year when the rest of the time the work load was a lot more reasonable.

Brownslave688

We didn't mind getting hammered for a month or two out of the year when the rest of the time the work load was a lot more reasonable.
Peak is peak. People get that but even then you used to ease into it. Each week/day getting gradually heavier.

Now the week after thanksgiving is just as heavy as the week before Christmas.

tourists24

I know that feeling. Doesn't matter to UPS. The route I have was about a 15 minute drive to my first stop. I would get there by interstate. Until in UPS wisdom my route was put in an electric car. Now I get to drive through downtown to get to my first stop lol. 2 miles less but takes about 25 minutes

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Or they’ve seen how fast it’s went downhill and want no business staying if it continues on its current trajectory.

No guts, no glory.

Yeah, that's an over simplification. But, they're not being compensated at a

rate similar to working a Union job at UPS.... It never happens.