Do I have a grievance case?

brownIEman

That makes no sense. They put up a sheet to sign up for the work. Why would they do that if it was a new position they already hired people for?

In the buildings I worked in, there were always extra work sign up sheets for every sort. Take preload, there was a sign up sheet for drivers who wanted preload hours. Now, obviously preload already had employees whose job was preload. However, if the volume came in unexpectedly heavy and or several preloaders called out sick, then I'd go to the extra work sign up sheet and start calling the people on it in seniority order to get the staffing needed to get the work done.

That's what extra work sign up sheets are for. This would be even more important for a brand new sort where there is more potential for unforeseen variables to cause staffing issues.

brownIEman

Nobody else questions the whole wait outside part?

Yeah, that part seemed odd to me too, but then the whole security giving a crap about what shift badged employees work and only allowing them in for their assigned shift was odd, so I figure they must do something very different there. Or the whole story is made up trolling which I suppose is a possibility.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
@Furen Were you all called in for that shift or did you all just decide to show up without being notified? If you were called to work it would seem that you'd be entitled to compensation for showing up ready to work.

Furen

Au I had almost forgotten about this thread. Everything worked out and I was able to work the next week because the seasonals were straight trash so they had to call in the pros. Even got a date with one of the seasonals. This is why I love this site. Every time I've complained about an issue at work here, it was fixed in a day or two. I don't know what fairy ups godparent is watching out for me here, but Thank you.

Furen

So you threw a hissy fit over nothing? Cool

No, not nothing. The only reason some of us got in was because the seasonals were trash and couldn't keep up with the volume. Ideally they wanted to staff nothing but seasonals because they are cheaper labor however unqualified they are. They've been quick to send some regulars who aren't pushing out that superstar game performance home in favor of throwing 2 or 3 seasonals at it and hoping for the best. The best being the next regular who has to go over to the problem and clean it up for them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No, not nothing. The only reason some of us got in was because the seasonals were trash and couldn't keep up with the volume. Ideally they wanted to staff nothing but seasonals because they are cheaper labor however unqualified they are. They've been quick to send some regulars who aren't pushing out that superstar game performance home in favor of throwing 2 or 3 seasonals at it and hoping for the best. The best being the next regular who has to go over to the problem and clean it up for them.

You like trashy girls? Not judging...

Mooseknuckle

Because staffing needs change almost daily?

You aren’t playing with a full deck, are ya?
You sure do seem very upset by anything I post. I just heard something that sounds radically different to what I've seen in my building. Not sure why all the hostility you seem to have for me.