Do i have to show up?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will they call me to let me know? I have not been there for 1 week and no one has even called me. I'm losing money by going to work due to the gas. I know other tcd that have never shown up for preload and they still have a job. They are not great at telling you what is expected. Where can I find this info?

It will be detailed on your termination paperwork.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yo what's up girl? No need for you to be losing money! PM me or @burrheadd we can help work it out for you!!!

Have her turn in her application for
Yo what's up girl? No need for you to be losing money! PM me or @burrheadd we can help work it out for you!!!

Have her turn in an application in the Bucket list thread
Be sure and tell her there's an extensive interview process

I was hired as a TCD last October 2016. I drove all peak season and then started preload in January. I keep hearing that I will be driving soon but I still haven't. I have reached seniority and I notice there are other TCD below me driving while I'm still working preload. I was told it was because I am very fast and a hard worker in preload. I can't afford to keep working preload at 11/hr when I live 40 miles away from the hub so I was told I could just not show up for preload and wait for them to call me to start driving again. When I look at my timecard it says no call. Is this bad? Can I be fired? Is it better to show up and continue working preload? I can't find anywhere what the requirements are and what are the consequences when you don't show up for preload.
Maybe the money isn't worth it right now but you are also working towards getting your healthcare benefits.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I was hired as a TCD last October 2016. I drove all peak season and then started preload in January. I keep hearing that I will be driving soon but I still haven't. I have reached seniority and I notice there are other TCD below me driving while I'm still working preload. I was told it was because I am very fast and a hard worker in preload. I can't afford to keep working preload at 11/hr when I live 40 miles away from the hub so I was told I could just not show up for preload and wait for them to call me to start driving again. When I look at my timecard it says no call. Is this bad? Can I be fired? Is it better to show up and continue working preload? I can't find anywhere what the requirements are and what are the consequences when you don't show up for preload.
Have you spoken with someone in management about only being available to drive? If you're just not showing up to preload and not telling anyone why, they might think you've quit.