Do i have to show up?

Ok first off that is really me on my avatar. I know I haven't been fired or they don't think I quit because I just received a text message that everyone on boxline 1 needs to be there 15 min early. He is aware I live so far out so he has had my back. I just need answers on what I need to do in order to drive like the other TCD who have less seniority than me. I need to quit if I'm going to be preload forever because I didn't go to work for UPS thinking I would be making 11/hr. I drive a big truck that gets 15 miles to the gallon. I live 40 miles away. That would be insane! I can get a job closer to my house for that kind of money. My supervisor when I was driving keeps telling me I will drive soon. I just didn't know if I was hurting my chances of driving by not showing up to preload the past week. It was told to me that they were holding me on the charge line until they found a replacement and as long as I continued to kick ass on the line they wouldn't find a replacement quickly. I even had the hub supervisor come to me and comment on how hard I worked and how fast I was.

Ok first off that is really me on my avatar. I know I haven't been fired or they don't think I quit because I just received a text message that everyone on boxline 1 needs to be there 15 min early. He is aware I live so far out so he has had my back. I just need answers on what I need to do in order to drive like the other TCD who have less seniority than me. I need to quit if I'm going to be preload forever because I didn't go to work for UPS thinking I would be making 11/hr. I drive a big truck that gets 15 miles to the gallon. I live 40 miles away. That would be insane! I can get a job closer to my house for that kind of money. My supervisor when I was driving keeps telling me I will drive soon. I just didn't know if I was hurting my chances of driving by not showing up to preload the past week. It was told to me that they were holding me on the charge line until they found a replacement and as long as I continued to kick ass on the line they wouldn't find a replacement quickly. I even had the hub supervisor come to me and comment on how hard I worked and how fast I was.
Maybe he just thought you was good looking and wanted a better look?

Maybe so. He walked up to me and he did first say wow. There have been comments but then they stop when they see I really do pull my weight and not use my looks and charm. Lol
Honestly we all went through this crap when we started. Just keep going to work and maybe find a part time job close to home while waiting for the driving job to start.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If they are working people with less seniority than you, then find out which local of the union you are in and Google their phone number to talk to someone out there about what is going on. Just because they like you on the preload does not give them the right to violate your seniority like that. Good luck to you

over9five

Staff member
Lemme get this straight....

They won't let you drive because you're too good at Preload.....

BUT.....

They also told you that you don't have to show up for Preload????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe so. He walked up to me and he did first say wow. There have been comments but then they stop when they see I really do pull my weight and not use my looks and charm. Lol
You are so right!!! You would think a well known company like ups would pay their employees more than 11 bucks and hour...cheap bastards....then you factor in all of the part-time workers and it's really ridiculous....

Lemme get this straight....

They won't let you drive because you're too good at Preload.....

BUT.....

They also told you that you don't have to show up for Preload????

It was off the record I was told to just keep him informed if i was coming in or not but I needed to show up at least once for payroll purposes