Do I need a cdl to become feeder driver ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where can I learn ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ignore them, I learned to drive a stick when I was 12, it's not rocket science. Now learning to drive the biggest beater in the yard they give you for your road test is a different story. Ask around and find some old timer who will give you some time driving before your road test. If your first time driving a package car is during your road test, you're probably screwed, whether you can drive a little honda manual or not.

Johney

Ignore them, I learned to drive a stick when I was 12, it's not rocket science. Now learning to drive the biggest beater in the yard they give you for your road test is a different story. Ask around and find some old timer who will give you some time driving before your road test. If your first time driving a package car is during your road test, you're probably screwed, whether you can drive a little honda manual or not.
We're talking about feeders bud, did you miss that? There is a tad bit of difference.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you bother to read the thread before commenting? The OP is talking about feeders.

DoctorMario

I know once u get the hang of driving manual it's not hard. The once thing I dont understand with driving stick is when to "downshift".

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know once u get the hang of driving manual it's not hard. The once thing I dont understand with driving stick is when to "downshift".

Sent using BrownCafe App
You buy a car with a manual transmission. No one else wants you to tear up theirs. Its not rocket science, in my opinion no one should be allowed to drive automatic, until they can drive a "stick" When I learned, you learned when to shift up or down by listening to the motor. Not your cell phone, etc. You actually have to learn how to drive and realize you are driving a deadly weapon. I hear they now have fancy little lights telling you when and which way to shift, total hogwash.
IMO feeders is setting your bar a little high, or else you are.
Oh and wait til you get on a hill, LOL.