Do I need sticker for portable music player?

mrhieu059

Hi Browncafe
I just got hired yesterday, and tonight will be my 2nd day of training.

My question is: Where do I get sticker and do I need it for the portable music player also?
On the first training, They told me that I have to have a sticker for a phone if I bringing it, but my English is not really good, so I am not sure and little worry to ask about it. But on the first week of training I have to bring the phone because I didn't have a car yet (I'll get car next week). So I need a phone for a call to my family to pick me up or a call to Uber.

mrhieu059

If you're on your second day of training the last thing you need is a music player. It also won't impress your supe either.
Nope nope, I know that as well, but I have no car to put it outside.
I just want to using it outside while waiting for the Uber or my parent to pick me up.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Is it the gate where they scan our stuff. Sorry for this dumb question
Bring your “portable music player” into the OMS office tomorrow & have them give you a ups barcode sticker for it. If it’s not allowed in your hub , use it for the day & get a property pass for the way out.

Jstpeachy

Y’all gotta get stickers? Interesting. We can bring bags in and no one says anything but have to have a chaperone to go to your car during your shift (no guard or any security type thing)

JL 0513

If I was at a center that was apparently so bad it needed security and a guard shack, I'd transfer. Guys making $100K a year need to be monitored and checked when coming and going? No thanks. I understand it's more about the part timers but still.

I could carry 10 boxes to my car in my center and people would just assume they were mine. And we're a coastal center with 2 cities.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If I was at a center that was apparently so bad it needed security and a guard shack, I'd transfer. Guys making $100K a year need to be monitored and checked when coming and going? No thanks. I understand it's more about the part timers but still.

I could carry 10 boxes to my car in my center and people would just assume they were mine. And we're a coastal center with 2 cities.
Try working at a hub that has more than 10 employees. It’s SOP to have a guard shack and every place I know of that isn’t a tiny operation has one.

Bob11B

Try working at a hub that has more than 10 employees. It’s SOP to have a guard shack and every place I know of that isn’t a tiny operation has one.
Hmmmmm obviously not since we have nothing of what you mentioned and over 50 drivers

JL 0513

We have over 60 drivers, and of course much more than that on the part time side. No security at all outside of camera's and management.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service

My center has tight security, guard shacks, wanded down, bags checked, IDs checked, even driving in a PC. But then again the hub is located on the airport, so there are all types of safety concerns. But the checking stuff is mostly for the PTers, but everyone suffers. A minor annoyance, but better safe than sorry.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You need to realize there's a big difference between hubs and centers.

A 60 driver center is a pretty typical center.
I have been to over 20 centers I’m well aware of the difference. I’m trying to convey to you the reason for having a guard shack. It might not be necessary for a 60 driver center but when you have thousands of employees then it’s a necessity.

JL 0513

I have been to over 20 centers I’m well aware of the difference. I’m trying to convey to you the reason for having a guard shack. It might not be necessary for a 60 driver center but when you have thousands of employees then it’s a necessity.

Yes, I'm very aware of that situation too. We were just stating our side of not having a guard shack. I'd hate to work in such a big hub. Just having to park so far away is bad enough.

In my center, you park 20 feet from any one of the several entry doors. At which point it's just another 15 feet to your PC. You park, bring your bag/cooler to your PC and punch in.