do I still get my vacation pay if I quit?

Hateworkingaspreload

I have my vacation weeks coming up in a few days. So il play it safe and wait until after if I do decide to quit, I'm going back to school this term which is why. But Don't want to quit because I don't want my 1 year seniority to go to waste if I end up finishing school just to be jobless

Edit: for the guys who said about my birthday week, I picked the birthday week off option

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have my vacation weeks coming up in a few days. So il play it safe and wait until after if I do decide to quit, I'm going back to school this term which is why. But Don't want to quit because I don't want my 1 year seniority to go to waste if I end up finishing school just to be jobless

Edit: for the guys who said about my birthday week, I picked the birthday week off option

Why do you have to quit? There have been many preloaders who have worked and gone to school.

WTH is the "birthday week" option?

Hateworkingaspreload

Why do you have to quit? There have been many preloaders who have worked and gone to school.

WTH is the "birthday week" option?
It's supposed to be day of and day before of my birthday off + 2 days floater but if you decide to take those 2 days after your birthday, I get the 5th day off

I asked if I could work a different shift and was told there is no open spot in the other shift to take me(I wanted the evening shift so I could go there after school and be Able to sleep when I get home and repeat)

It's supposed to be day of and day before of my birthday off + 2 days floater but if you decide to take those 2 days after your birthday, I get the 5th day off

I asked if I could work a different shift and was told there is no open spot in the other shift to take me(I wanted the evening shift so I could go there after school and be Able to sleep when I get home and repeat)
Never heard of a birthday off. Of course my birthday is in the middle of December.

ibleedbrown

I was in the office with a sup and my steward and they showed me a chart and it showed two different times I was paid out 1.5 hours and they BOTH said oh yea there's your vacation pay outs...when I asked where the other 38.5 hours for each week was they both pretended not to hear me

are you part time or full time?

ibleedbrown

vacations are earned the year prior so you should be entitled to them, i would talk to your union steward, file a grievance and call the 800 number if they give you problems.

By The Book

Never heard of a birthday off. Of course my birthday is in the middle of December.
If you're saying that they won't let you take your birthday off, that sounds right. However if your in the west I'm sure that option is on your vacation selection form. If you want to be paid a premium for it next year select option week b to be used as the 4 individual days. I saw first hand guys get time and a half for the birthday and day after when they used option b week this way.

Hateworkingaspreload

I asked my full time supervisor why I wasn't paid 2 weeks in advance for my vacation and apparently he never put my vacation requests into the system back in July. So what do I do? He hasn't given me an answer to why he didn't put my vacation request in and acted stupid when I asked about it. "Oh u did?? Oh let me check my schedule"