Do Seasonal Driver Helpers get drug tested?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have had three Preloaders riding with me as a Helper so far. The second is a stoner and he pulled a no-show and wouldn't even answer his phone the next day. I finished thirty minutes faster by myself that day. If they did drug tests on Helpers we would have a hard time hiring anybody in my Hub.

UPSGUY72

I've applied for a seasonal driver helper position. Is there a drug screening? If so, does it happen at the initial interview?

No but don't come to work hung over or under the influence of to the point it effects your ability to work or you might find yourself not working that day or any other day afterwords. The driver has the final say on whether your working with them or not. If they think your under the influence of something they aren't going to let you work...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have had three Preloaders riding with me as a Helper so far. The second is a stoner and he pulled a no-show and wouldn't even answer his phone the next day. I finished thirty minutes faster by myself that day. If they did drug tests on Helpers we would have a hard time hiring anybody in my Hub.

A few years ago I had a preloader who was supposed to be my helper. He went home after his shift and made the mistake of laying down on the couch "just for a minute".

He was a no show.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Until if and when it is legal, and you need a job, dont smoke. Other than fly by night employers, they all check. Except us, they dont unless you have an accident or injury they can.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
image.jpg

Joelbaker

Brown truck drivers don't even get tested lol all my drivers smoked weed so no, no one cares about helpers as long as you're not retarded and deliver to the wrong address.