Do supervisors have access to employees home addresses?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Your post speaks volumes about not knowing what really goes on in the operations. Misload shuttling is a FT job as its a continuous problem. We moan and groan to the fact the real problem is never fixed and the constant "bandaid" fixes cause everyone frustrations, yet those in charge (read management ) choose to take the easy way out instead of addressing the real issues that go on to solve problem permanently.
I know plenty about operations thanks for the concern.
I understand the service thing but point blank period we dont accept any work done by management without exhausting all possible resources. Just the way drivers are in my building. We overlook many things we probably shouldn't, but that's not one of them. Nothing personal, just business.
We have air drivers shuttle misloads and deliver packages quite a bit. But when a driver doesn't discover a commercial misload until 445 you have to do what you have to do to make service.
First off, every time management moves a package (working) a bargaining unit member loses the opportunity to work. Period. Everyday drivers like TCD's get sent home because routes are busted then management wants to move packages to the area? You have no clue. Obviously you're not in package. By the way they could deliver it themselves and we would know. Do you know how many drivers won't file but will rat on their sups? They also don't give two craps about service. They care about making their numbers. I'm telling you right now they could hire at least 10 drivers in my building to shuttle left in building packages out to routes and run misloads all day long.
I am in package actually. This isn't my first rodeo. We don't have this plethora of drivers you seem to have. The only people who want to shuttle misloads are our air drivers, but they are usually done by noon. When you ask all the drivers if they would be interested in running misloads and get 30 "No"s you do what you have to in order to make service.
Their saying that because they are management. If they were a real union employee they would feel differently, unless your upstate and you chose the wrong career path with UPS.
I was a union employee and if I needed help I didn't care if the guy who was willing to help was a teamster or a red shirt. They were there to help me. I find the "US vs Them" mentality both sides have to be a waste of time and frankly childish.

We no longer even have supervisors jam breaking or toting smalls on the local sort anymore.
God forbid we let the guy standing around break a jam...

box_beeyotch

I know plenty about operations thanks for the concern.

We have air drivers shuttle misloads and deliver packages quite a bit. But when a driver doesn't discover a commercial misload until 445 you have to do what you have to do to make service.

I am in package actually. This isn't my first rodeo. We don't have this plethora of drivers you seem to have. The only people who want to shuttle misloads are our air drivers, but they are usually done by noon. When you ask all the drivers if they would be interested in running misloads and get 30 "No"s you do what you have to in order to make service.

I was a union employee and if I needed help I didn't care if the guy who was willing to help was a teamster or a red shirt. They were there to help me. I find the "US vs Them" mentality both sides have to be a waste of time and frankly childish.

God forbid we let the guy standing around break a jam...

Oh I agree about the US vs them statement, but that's the way upper management and the suits want it so that's how it has to be. We have rules to follow, as do you.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They could have easily delivered it themselves and you would never know, but instead they gave it to a union employee. Everybody on here moans and groans about how management disregards service. Well guess what, they're trying to make service and still using a union employee to do it. No union jobs were lost, and hiring someone to shuttle that stuff all day would probably be useless because he would get cut 4 days a week.

But, I hate when they drive past the delivery, to bring it out to me. Then I need to go back. Rather they send me a text of the tracking number. They can leave it. I put info in remarks. If it disappears. Our tiny, tiny center. Doesn't need to worry about other possible jobs. There aren't any. And, will never be. Especially with most skipping their lunches. Which is a bigger issue. That would create more jobs. 3/4 or more skip or shorten their lunch. Steward being #1

ski or die

Ski or Die
Once when I was going on vacation, called in sick the Friday before. Was gone for 2 weeks. When I came back, there was a ton of yellow sticky notes on my door from UPS trying to contact me. I was single at the time so no one was home during the vacation. They even sent LP to the airport to try and find out when I left. Our LP was wanta be Detectives. They couldn't prove anything and not a word was said to me when I went back to work. I think when I called in sick, the planes flying overhead at the time might have made them suspicious. This was before cell phones so I was in a phone booth. So yes they do have addresses.