Do we need or want union

PT Car Washer

The members need to be patient. Right now it's important not get carried away because the contract still has not been passed. Many supplements were rejected and those need to be fixed and D.Taylor and the company have been quoted as being open to re-negotiation.
Use the time between now and the next contract negotiations to organize and educate the rank and file. Also vote for pro labor politicians on your state and national level.

browndevil

Let’s start by saying I voted yes for contract.Then I read it was voted down and UPS is ready to go back to the table,but then the union says do to not a enough voted so it is ratified we probably can do better with what UPS offers it’s dedicated workers.I am sorry but belonging to a union is not a benefit
If we didn't have a Union to negotiate H & W, pay and working conditions I believe UPS would take the FedEx Ground and Amazon model and work us like we are contractors. If you don't like how the negotiations turned out then work to fix it. Not having Union representation is not the answer. And quite honestly it's what the company wants

Daf

Let’s start by saying I voted yes for contract.Then I read it was voted down and UPS is ready to go back to the table,but then the union says do to not a enough voted so it is ratified we probably can do better with what UPS offers it’s dedicated workers.I am sorry but belonging to a union is not a benefit
Until you get fired for doing what your manager told you to do.

JustDeliverIt

Scabs are coming out of the woodwork now..

Don't think it's scabs, a lot of pissed off people right now. And deservedly so. A contract that was voted down, by the voting majority, is not being honored by the people supposedly representing our voices. It's a :censored2:ty feeling. I don't care which side of the fence you are on, I think that we believed that the majority would rule on a first ballot. The company even believed it, as their initial response was they are going to go back to the table. I know I was prepared to accept it if the yes vote won the majority.

Mooseknuckle

Considering new part-timers make more with their company issued bonus than part-timers with 4 years in, I'd say the union is not needed. That's exluding the tiny fact the union just stabbed the entire membership in the back.
You won't have nearly what you do now without a cba.

The Range

In too deep
You won't have nearly what you do now without a cba.

Standing on the shoulders of giants. There is no ground being made, only concessions. That's the reality of organized labor at this moment in time. Co-workers of mine make more than me as new hires because of company bonuses I do not qualify for because I have too much seniority.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
In the RTW states even if you opt out, they STILL HAVE TO REPRESENT YOU BY LAW. You still get representation just like people who pay to be into the union get. You still get the wages, healthcare, and everything else without having to be apart of it. Perfect example: girl got in trouble and was about to fired in my center, she was non union. My steward still had to go to bat for her and she kept her job. However it's only in RTW states.

You realize that paying members have to pay more to cover the costs of freeloaders, Do you personally think that’s ok?

I am so glad I live in a solidly blue non right to work state, at least for a few more years I won’t have to deal with freeloaders. Anyway, your scummy freeloader buddies up in these parts will get their way soon enough, now that the Supreme Court is solidly red and anti union the big RTW interests are probably going to throw some big money behind a few morons to sue because their rights are being “violated “ by paying dues.

Brownpants80

Just putting the facts out there. I'm part of the union but I see both sides. Paying for them to not care about what we have to say or fight for our intrest then theres really not alot of good points in having the union.

Mooseknuckle

Just putting the facts out there. I'm part of the union but I see both sides. Paying for them to not care about what we have to say or fight for our intrest then theres really not alot of good points in having the union.
But by opting out you lose the ability to vote them out and stick the rest of us with these guys longer. If you're unhappy with them (and I'm with you on that) then stick with us and help to get them out.

Days

Standing on the shoulders of giants. There is no ground being made, only concessions. That's the reality of organized labor at this moment in time. Co-workers of mine make more than me as new hires because of company bonuses I do not qualify for because I have too much seniority.

Just quit and get rehired obviously

34yearpackagehumper

If we didn't have a Union to negotiate H & W, pay and working conditions I believe UPS would take the FedEx Ground and Amazon model and work us like we are contractors. If you don't like how the negotiations turned out then work to fix it. Not having Union representation is not the answer. And quite honestly it's what the company wants

34yearpackagehumper

Believe me UPS would rather be non-union any day . Teamster leadership has not been the best but I would rather have it and not need and need it and not have it. I kind of saw it like having a Lawyer on retainer. I did not mind paying my union dues at all .