Do you believe God loves you?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Some try to use it as an excuse not to believe in God. Anyone who tries to use suffering to argue against a benevolent God are not saying anything about God. They are saying they don't understand what suffering is. Try to imagine a world without suffering. The only way that's possible is with no humans. And that's, generally, what totalitarians want, and their justification for striving for that goal.

Why wouldn’t god just like…make the nature of suffering be different?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why wouldn’t god just like…make the nature of suffering be different?

How would you propose that be done? Suffering is a subjective experience. To eliminate suffering would require the elimination of the subject (that's us). To alter the nature of suffering would require altering the subject (that's us), which, if you read the Gospel you would learn, is pretty much the point of becoming a Christian. We minimize our own suffering when we focus on minimizing the suffering of others.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
How would you propose that be done? Suffering is a subjective experience. To eliminate suffering would require the elimination of the subject (that's us). To alter the nature of suffering would require altering the subject (that's us), which, if you read the Gospel you would learn, is pretty much the point of becoming a Christian. We minimize our own suffering when we focus on minimizing the suffering of others.

I don’t have any proposals, but I think that an all-powerful being might be able to figure it out.

I actually agree with everything you are saying about the nature of life and suffering. I just find it unlikely that it was a god who made it that way.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don’t have any proposals, but I think that an all-powerful being might be able to figure it out.

I actually agree with everything you are saying about the nature of life and suffering. I just find it unlikely that it was a god who made it that way.
He made nan with choice. Man made the wrong one.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

That's cool. Belief in God, or not, is definitely a choice, and it ought not be made lightly.

satellitedriver

SMH.
View attachment 366637View attachment 366638View attachment 366639
I believe there is most likely a God.
I believe I can't prove it.
I do not have complete trust there is a God.
I do not refuse to accept the existence of God.

I don't know how to make it any clearer.
SMH.
View attachment 366637View attachment 366638View attachment 366639
I believe there is most likely a God.
I believe I can't prove it.
I do not have complete trust there is a God.
I do not refuse to accept the existence of God.

I don't know how to make it any clearer.
I'm agnostic.
Well stated and well worded.
But, on the other hand?

satellitedriver

He made nan with choice. Man made the wrong one.
God made man to worship God and keep him company, if you read the old texts.
Ten billion zillion trillion years before God said let there be light,
God knew who would be in Hell, or in Heaven before he lit that lamp.
This belief system works only if you believe in an Omnipotent God, as we have been taught.
My belief system is simple.
Live your life like there is a God judging your actions.
If there is not a God?
Break out the booze and have a ball, if that's all there is.
Disliked this song in my youth, but applicable to the conversation.