Do you guys get these in your fingers?

I've played sports, lifted, or worked manual labor my whole life.

Recently I've been noticing in some fingers that there's pain almost like a spike. They occur in the fleshy area of my fingers, but have it sometimes in my 1st and 2nd knuckles only a few fingers. The knuckle that attaches my thumbs on both hands numbs out sometimes but I can feel that tendon rolling over the knuckle and like dragging. I'm guessing bone spurs? Is this what arthritis feels like in your hands?

Recently I've been noticing in some fingers that there's pain almost like a spike. They occur in the fleshy area of my fingers, but have it sometimes in my 1st and 2nd knuckles only a few fingers. The knuckle that attaches my thumbs on both hands numbs out sometimes but I can feel that tendon rolling over the knuckle and like dragging. I'm guessing bone spurs? Is this what arthritis feels like in your hands?
Gloves help

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

Do this job long enough you'll notice lots of new aches and pains!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Could be early signs of carpal tunnel in your wrist. I'll second and third the gloves suggestion. Best thing I ever did to make sure I could retire with as few injuries as possible. Wear them even on the hottest days and you'll wonder why you waited.

I blew out that nerve a long time ago and use a brace at night so my hand doesn't curl. Never realized really how much you use your off hand when working with right handed tools, haha. Gloves definitely do help. I use some disposable ones, but now that you guys mention it I should get some good ones. My 3rd 4th and 5th digit are shot but ever since I started foraging they've gotten better. No more typing either.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I used to get the blue rubber garden gloves at home depot for about $5 a pair, but found a great deal on Amazon on a dozen for about $40. They will stink like hell after the first week, but I didn't care. I still use them for chores.

35years

Gravy route
Wearing away at cartalege. A type of arthritis.

A custom made orthodic brace that restricts your thumb will help. More importantly notice what spicific movements bring on pain.Then figure out different ways to avoid that movement...

Use large muscles whenever possible. Avoid grabbing boxes with the Vulcan death grip; instead use cupped palms and lean the box against your torso. Even with envelopes don't sweeze between your thumb and your pointer knuckle. Don't squeeze the steering wheel; instead don't wrap your thumb around it; keep your thumbs relaxed. Same goes for the diad, use two hands...one to hold it and with the other type with your fingers. Stretching your thumb to punch buttons is the worst habit to get in to.

-Use all you fingers instead of two.
-Use your entire hand instead of fingers
-use your entire arms instead of hands
-press the box against your body
-Don't use your thumbs unless nessesary.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Sounds more like carpel tunnel syndrome.