Do You Recognize Your Co-workers?

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
As I was scanning my fellow co-workers during PCM I realized the amount of co-workers I don't know has exceeded the amount that I do. I remember a time when I knew everybody--preloaders, unloaders, drivers, etc. Now I find myself wondering all the time "who's that?" or "where is...? I haven't seen them in a while." My center has grown so much over the years.

I'm not very nostalgic, but I do miss the days when I knew everybody. It felt like family (sort of).

Am I the only one that misses this? Do you work in a center where you know everybody? I feel like we all need to wear those "hello, my name is" name tags now.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
As I was scanning my fellow co-workers during PCM I realized the amount of co-workers I don't know has exceeded the amount that I do. I remember a time when I knew everybody--preloaders, unloaders, drivers, etc. Now I find myself wondering all the time "who's that?" or "where is...? I haven't seen them in a while." My center has grown so much over the years.

I'm not very nostalgic, but I do miss the days when I knew everybody. It felt like family (sort of).

Am I the only one that misses this? Do you work in a center where you know everybody? I feel like we all need to wear those "hello, my name is" name tags now.
It takes 15 years for a slide bid. I won it with only 3 years.

HFolb23

I work in a fairly small center and knew pretty much everyone. Then I spent all of 2020 on leave from UPS and out on Covid orders for the guard, came back a year later, of course didn’t know any of the new hires. Hell even the faces I “knew” I didn’t actually recognize because they had beards now. Was a pretty weird feeling.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
The longer I was there the fewer co workers I wanted to know. Most of the best ones retired.
That's where I am right now. It's probably why I don't know any of the newer people.
I like it. I dont want anyone to know me. I go to work to get paid.
I'm fine with it too, but I miss that small-center feeling.
There may be some truth to that. Secretly everyone is happy you left because they get to move up a notch on the seniority list.
100% true. We're all vultures waiting for the person above us to retire.
I pretty much know all the RPCDs. 22.4's are just the opposite.
Same, except now I don't think I know any of the bottom 20-30 drivers.

quad decade guy

Feeders doesn't have PCM's...

I came from a 60-80 person feeder dept. Knew most folks for years. Knew most of those from pkg.

Moved to a different building with 275 drivers(I think)(not really sure).....most I don't know and never see. I'm only there about 20 minutes a day total.

We have had so many off the street hires.....

PT Crazy

New management, NO PCM's. All numbers driven. We have no clue who works in our department of 40 people. Turns out they snuck a few supervisors in to bag. Sad state of affairs. No teamwork. Now we just go in, do our job, and mind our own business.