Do you start your lunch break when you arrive, or start driving, to your break destination?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It also allowed the runners to be continued to be loaded up and the company to cut routes.

If the lunches were mandatory and the contractual time window was enforced to be compliant with the law the company would have to put more routes in.

How many skip their lunch, type in a 1 minute lunch (413?), or take their lunch at the end of the day while sitting in the oms office as an every day occurrence?

I don't get it.
We are our own worst enemy. I know this fool that sorts the entire load at lunch which is working for free. The fool is stressing that they keep loading him up! What a chump!

Wally

oie_overlay.gif

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We are our own worst enemy. I know this fool that sorts the entire load at lunch which is working for free. The fool is stressing that they keep loading him up! What a chump!
It comes down to lack of spine. We work with sniveling cowards. They are too scared to stand up for the very contract that they are paid by.

Standing strong starts inside a person.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Who do you think was responsible for getting the FMCSA to do this?

Pretty clear in the Central.

Article 15

Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the third (3rd) and sixth (6th) hour of work.
Depending on local riders and settled grievances the 30 min lunch has been changed.

Wally

Depending on local riders and settled grievances the 30 min lunch has been changed.
From 60 I believe. It doesn't give anyone the right to give contract items away. Start doing that and where does it stop? Code 5- who cares? Seniority- big deal, go around it, these contract things don't really matter, etc.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
From 60 I believe. It doesn't give anyone the right to give contract items away. Start doing that and where does it stop? Code 5- who cares? Seniority- big deal, go around it, these contract things don't really matter, etc.
I'm not advocating for it.

vvv

It comes down to lack of spine. We work with sniveling cowards. They are too scared to stand up for the very contract that they are paid by.

Standing strong starts inside a person.

I was poking around on here this morning and logged in just to put a "WINNER" on your comment.

Simple enough and well said with pinpoint accuracy.

Overpaid Union Thug

How about "I can't get all of my businesses delivered before I start my pickups and they may be missed".
When I was unassigned and running those types of routes I would send a message right before I would clock out for my full hour lunch informing them that I was in that exact scenario.

And I will admit right now that (when work would actually enter my) I would sit there and enjoy knowing that they were back at the center scrambling to figure out how to resolve it. Then continue eating my Chick-fil-A and then shrug my shoulders and forget about it. LOL.

I mean it’s not like I didn’t tell them every morning before I left and they didn’t see it coming. Or that I would end up in that situation just about every time I ran those routes. Oh well.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It also amazes me how many 40year old men are afraid of how upset their wives will be if they get home late.

I've heard plenty over the years plead with managment about how their wives are getting upset about getting home at 7pm. I've seen wives call in to talk to managers about how their husbands need to be home earlier.
That's a good woman right there. Even better if she cusses him out and calls him every name in the book. What's he gonna do, give her a warning letter?

542thruNthru

That's a good woman right there. Even better if she cusses him out and calls him every name in the book. What's he gonna do, give her a warning letter?

I'd agree with that if it wasn't that the husband was so embarrassed. It was more like a kids mom calling in to talk to the principal.