Do you start your lunch break when you arrive, or start driving, to your break destination?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), you must take a 30 minute break within in 8 hours. So if you work a 8 hour day without stopping, you are in violation.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), you must take a 30 minute break within in 8 hours. So if you work a 8 hour day without stopping, you are in violation.

Not for package car drivers.

We operate under the DOT 100 air-mile exemption, which eliminates the requirement for a 30 minute rest period within 8 hours.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not for package car drivers.

We operate under the DOT 100 air-mile exemption, which eliminates the requirement for a 30 minute rest period within 8 hours.
Interesting because the definition I saw was commercial vehicle used to move goods. The dot 100 must be an exemption.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It saves them from allowing Federal law violations. Not so sure about the Teamster contract or state laws that may apply.
It also allowed the runners to be continued to be loaded up and the company to cut routes.

If the lunches were mandatory and the contractual time window was enforced to be compliant with the law the company would have to put more routes in.

How many skip their lunch, type in a 1 minute lunch (413?), or take their lunch at the end of the day while sitting in the oms office as an every day occurrence?

I don't get it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
What ever happened to that guy that would use a stopwatch, and count time that he was sitting at lights, brief customer interactions, sipping water, riding elevator, etc...as lunch??

What's more pathetic is when the company every so often decides to force mandatory lunches and guys literally almost start crying about it.

"But.. but.. I wont get done in time!"
Or
"They can't really force me can they? I have to get home by XX:XXpm!"
Get us out of the building on time, we can make service and also have lunch like a normal human being.

Poop Head

Judge me.
What's more pathetic is when the company every so often decides to force mandatory lunches and guys literally almost start crying about it.

Or
Lmao! That sounds hilarious!

Overpaid Union Thug

damn this thread is still going?

Why does it matter when i start my lunch when i skip my lunch, put it in the board, and work through it everyday

Or
Same guys that bitch about always having over 200 stops on whatever route they run. They are their own worst enemies.

542thruNthru

It also amazes me how many 40year old men are afraid of how upset their wives will be if they get home late.

I've heard plenty over the years plead with managment about how their wives are getting upset about getting home at 7pm. I've seen wives call in to talk to managers about how their husbands need to be home earlier.