Do you think OT will ever come back?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Just tell them you want the OT, I don’t know what is so hard about that. They’ll load you up, no problem.
They want our “PAID” days below 9 hours....”PLAN” days are hovering around 8.

They’ve only asked or offered Saturday as an option one week since this started and this was this past weekend.

Ask for extra work you say.....hard for a 2 year guy to get that kind of action when you have 20 year guys asking too.

This has been the main point I’ve been trying to make in regards to our low starting wage.

The prestige of UPS came with many things.....great money was no exception.

They want our “PAID” days below 9 hours....”PLAN” days are hovering around 8.

They’ve only asked or offered Saturday as an option one week since this started and this was this past weekend.

Ask for extra work you say.....hard for a 2 year guy to get that kind of action when you have 20 year guys asking too.

This has been the main point I’ve been trying to make in regards to our low starting wage.

The prestige of UPS came with many things.....great money was no exception.
You will get a nice retro check. Eventually....

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My bad. Some on the younger guys will be getting a nice retro check. $2- $4 an hour.
It’s ok......Hell that will be nice for them for sure. I just know it was always nice to tell new guys that progression may take a long time but you’ll be able to make up for it with overtime. As of now those days are gone.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I’m on the west coast none of this is going on in our building. It’s bussiness as usual .
I’m in NorCal in the Bay Area and we are about four weeks into no OT.

When I first read about it here I Never thought it was gonna happen here for the main fact that we have had an incredible difficult time highering people for all shifts in all buildings.

Their solution was to start hiring people from the valley which is about 2 1/2 hours away. Busses have been bringing employees in from there for going on a few weeks now.

Today we’ve got helpers on routes that barely have 8 hour days for just the driver. Yeah.....never would of believed it.

It’s ok......Hell that will be nice for them for sure. I just know it was always nice to tell new guys that progression may take a long time but you’ll be able to make up for it with overtime. As of now those days are gone.
Maybe some of the new guys will stay. The newbies Don't want to work all kinds of hours

km3

My question.. do you think overtime will ever come back? My hub seems to be committed.

Yes. They couldn't even make the "on-time network" last 2 days in my building.

Some bean counter somewhere is going to have a "Eureka" moment and realize that two drivers at straight time is more expensive than one driver at overtime...before considering benefits.

OT will never be completely gone.

ManInBrown

Here’s what I’m wondering. How are they handling routes going out with less than 8? Are they automatically paying the guarantee or are they telling you that you have to message the center and ask them what they want you to do?

542thruNthru

Just tell them you want the OT, I don’t know what is so hard about that. They’ll load you up, no problem.

ShadowyFlawlessKawala.gif