Do you think OT will ever come back?

Robretro

I have wanted to be a driver for a long time, and mostly because I wanted to
make more than other 50k jobs around here. I know lots of drivers and they’ve all done well for themselves.

Now my time is here and they are saying no more over time which means I won’t be making nearly as much as I thought. It’s kind of disappointing. Even the holidays will be no overtime. I wanted to make a lot so I could save a lot.

My question.. do you think overtime will ever come back? My hub seems to be committed.

make more than other 50k jobs around here. I know lots of drivers and they’ve all done well for themselves.

Now my time is here and they are saying no more over time which means I won’t be making nearly as much as I thought. It’s kind of disappointing. Even the holidays will be no overtime. I wanted to make a lot so I could save a lot.

My question.. do you think overtime will ever come back? My hub seems to be committed.
With only a couple of hours of overtime, you can still make 80k

JustDeliverIt

This company will try things and push certain agendas all the time. This just happens to be the new great idea someone in management had.
Check back in 6 months. If in March we are still talking about not getting OT then I would start to believe that this is how it's going to be.

Netsua 3:16

Please refrain from being a small whiner
Just opt out of 9.5 after the new contract passes. Tell your dispatch you want the 10 hour days. You'll get it, trust me

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I hope it stays this way. Almost to my 3rd year of progression...pulled enough 12-13 hour days to be satisfied for the rest of my career, I don’t know how some of you old timers put up with it for so long. Hopefully those days are long gone but like everyone says we will see in 6 months.

I'm just starting my second year in progression, so it's not great pay wise. But I do love being home with the family most nights. Kids are only young once and I've missed a lot thru the years already.
Trust me I know all about missing events. Fortunately I made enough money that my wife could be a stay at home mom when the kids were little.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Volunteer to work Saturday ground if you want OT.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS is the Wheel of Management. Next year it might land on "cut routes". What happens today will never matter tomorrow at UPS.

lighted-60-96.gif