Do you think OT will ever come back?

onehandsolo

I had a supervisor tell me on my safety ride back in March that within the next 5 years no full time drivers would work over 8 hours. So the plan has been in place for a while.

satellitedriver

What's up Brother?
BTW This is Hoaxster, Photog, Monkey Butt, etc. etc.
Hoke,
I will type in black for you, only.
I retired in Jan. 2014 and found a new hobby.
Sleep.
45 years working 7 days a week on 5 hours sleep a night finally took it's toll.
I did the math and I had enough to care for my wife, if I should die.
After 30years with UPS, I awoke on Saturday morning and felt like I had never worked there.
I always admired your artist eye with the camera.
When I left UPS, I left BrownCafe and have not seen any of your new work.
You have a talent.
If you can, post a link of your work.
Life is good here, in East Texas.
Thanks for asking.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have wanted to be a driver for a long time, and mostly because I wanted to
make more than other 50k jobs around here. I know lots of drivers and they’ve all done well for themselves.

Now my time is here and they are saying no more over time which means I won’t be making nearly as much as I thought. It’s kind of disappointing. Even the holidays will be no overtime. I wanted to make a lot so I could save a lot.

My question.. do you think overtime will ever come back? My hub seems to be committed.

I hear that. It feels like walking up a sand dune, the ground just keeps giving way under you. First I was supposed to be driving within 3 years, had to wait 7. In the meantime the progression stretched from 2 to four years. Guys still in progression are getting a pretty sizable bump, missed the boat on that one. Now that I'm out of progression, OT is drying up.

I can still make financial progress on 40-45 hours a week, but it'll take longer to get where I'm going. On the positive side, I won't be sore all the time, and I'll be able to enjoy the extra time off.

JL 0513

Just tell them you want the OT, I don’t know what is so hard about that. They’ll load you up, no problem.

Doesn't work like that anymore. If you're going to be over 9.5, you'll be sent help even if you don't want it and want the OT. Low 8 hr plans for everyone.

JL 0513

I’m on the west coast none of this is going on in our building. It’s bussiness as usual .

This is what gets me. This new thing is a corporate directive. Center managers have no control. Even a district manager can't just not go along with it. Yet we're hearing about these certain pockets that aren't going along. How can a few areas be exempt?

Don't know why I'm asking, UPS infamously operates with different rules for everything everywhere.

barnyard

KTM rider
Just tell them you want the OT, I don’t know what is so hard about that. They’ll load you up, no problem.

That is the case in my building. Bunch of guys go out with 10 hour dispatches. Right now, unless someone asks for more, 8.2 is the dispatch. I am LOVIN it.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This is what gets me. This new thing is a corporate directive. Center managers have no control. Even a district manager can't just not go along with it. Yet we're hearing about these certain pockets that aren't going along. How can a few areas be exempt?

Don't know why I'm asking, UPS infamously operates with different rules for everything everywhere.
Like everything else in UPS.....it will be implemented one building/region/district/division at a time.