Do you think OT will ever come back?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
People are confusing “lifetime bids” with “permanent bids”. You can give your route up or bid on another when you want.

Are there any locations where a person is stuck on the first route they win a bid on for their whole career? If not, then what is the difference between lifetime and permanent?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
4uZb.gif
tomorrow

Db2400

I haven't lost any OT. Friday, 11-2-2018 they cut routes and many guys in after 10 hours. No announcement of a new location to add routes in. It will be business as usual. Not enough room here to properly dispatch peak level volume. I imagine that we will be working over 60 hours on saturday again like last year.
Worked 11 hrs today. Ot isn't going anywhere enjoy while you can

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Was right at 9 hrs planned today, good junk route with a few heavy bulk stops then a few 30-40 stop decent neighborhoods that are 10 mins away from each other. Cleared board at 5:45 10 minutes to the center so I would've bonused by a half hour...but I had 3 misloads brought to me at 4:00 pm that made me basically go over the whole route again. Back to the center a little after 7.
Now imagine when it's even heavier in a few weeks. Can't plan for that kind of stuff and with half the loaders seasonal it happens every single day. OT might get scaled back we might have a few decent days when everything works out but it's still gonna be peak.

Last edited by a moderator:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Was right at 9 hrs planned today, good junk route with a few heavy bulk stops then a few 30-40 stop decent neighborhoods that are 10 mins away from each other. Cleared board at 5:45 10 minutes to the center so I would've bonused by a half hour...but I had 3 misloads brought to me at 4:00 pm that made me basically go over the whole route again. Back to the center a little after 7.
Now imagine when it's even heavier in a few weeks. Can't plan for that kind of stuff and with half the loaders seasonal it happens every single day. OT might get scaled back we might have a few decent days when everything works out but it's still gonna be friend'in peak.

Don't forget leaving the building an hour after start, daily late air shuttles, and having to stop and reload your car half way through the day. My favorite is having a helper for two days, getting them all trained on the diad and how you want them to work, then get a brand new helper. Repeat process at least two more times.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It doesn't bother me at all.

The members have a right to voice their opinion.

What it does represent.... is the "lackadaisical" interest of the members.
Wow- big word. I wonder why the members are...."lackadaisical". Maybe they just don't realize all of the great things that the Teamsters do for them. How ungrateful.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
They can’t keep this up. They know it. There’re plan is to keep adding stops and call you into office and scream at you and try to intimidate you to turn over ten hours of work into 9.5.