51E28743-13EE-422D-B2CB-C6BBFD898DA5.jpeg
29A0BFEA-1A99-4867-B35C-04BA425B9935.jpeg
8654C1C0-884E-46DE-8B7A-A204DEFABE35.jpeg
000E6949-E304-4D23-AEC4-D3E78EB81E44.jpeg
F51F0ED6-BBCD-4029-93DB-37067E3E7A6F.jpeg
D7B2D213-6893-4FE4-B5FB-1D0979CA1051.jpeg
1A08EE3B-3357-41F4-9765-7B3AAB69CDD3.jpeg
6B060458-4004-421A-862A-4B2CC6BB7FB3.gif
Routes do change. Maybe you have a big ugly pick up move on your route and you don't want to pick it up for the rest of your career.

CoolStoryBro

I haven't lost any OT. Friday, 11-2-2018 they cut routes and many guys in after 10 hours. No announcement of a new location to add routes in. It will be business as usual. Not enough room here to properly dispatch peak level volume. I imagine that we will be working over 60 hours on saturday again like last year.

JL 0513

Just spoke to sup said overtime is never coming back. He saw the charted plans.

I wonder what time of OT we're talking about. I think a lot of guys are worried about just getting around 8 a day, they want a good 1 hour of OT a day.

I think the plan that excessive OT is gone (likely) which most guys are happy about, but what many are wondering is if we will at least be about to approach 9.5 if we want it. Especially for that opt out of 9.5, I think (and hope) we will be able to get 45-47 hrs a week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lifetime bids make no sense. In New England, the bids are every 2 years, the way it's supposed to be.

I had the same route for 25 years----the way its suppose to be. Screw bidding yearly or so. No one else wanted it when I was a rookie and after I spent years getting it shaped into a gravy route no one else had better take it away from me.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Lifetime bids make no sense. In New England, the bids are every 2 years, the way it's supposed to be.
“The way it’s supposed to be”......according to who?!

I’ve been on my current route for 15 years. In that time it’s given birth to three more routes. In that time I could of gone in any direction but I chose to stay with a specific area of it.

Routes are always changing now more than ever....outside of extreme rural, routes used to all be business with a bit of residential now for the most part we’re all residential with a bit of business.

Once again my route is splitting and once again I need to decide which direction to go with it. So you see if I still had my “lifetime bidder” area I’d be doing about 600 stops a day.

JL 0513

I had the same route for 25 years----the way its suppose to be. Screw bidding yearly or so. No one else wanted it when I was a rookie and after I spent years getting it shaped into a gravy route no one else had better take it away from me.

Depends on the type of area your center covers. To get a "good" route in my center requires at least 15 years driver seniority. Half our routes are city routes that go to mostly the lower seniority drivers.

So in most areas, a route you bid when you're a rookie is no route you'd ever want to stay on for your career even if you worked to make it better.

I have 6 years driver seniority and refuse to bid a route because of this. I stay cover and cover good routes 90% of the time.

So that's why 2 year bidding works better in most areas. As you climb the seniority, you bid better routes. At the top end of seniority, it doesn't change much anyway as most of the 20-30 year guys choose to stay on their routes.

JL 0513

“The way it’s supposed to be”......according to who?!

According to most of the country.

I explained after your post. But to reiterate, lifetime bidding doesn't work in areas where there's a wide range in route quality. How do you bid a route as a rookie and think that's going to be forever when your building does everything from ghetto to country?