Do you think Response/Midday will last long term?

Guitarman01

Yes I dont see how midday makes money. You have the extra vehicles, workers, milage/gas money and poorer service because it becomes almost impossible to make some business deadlines and even some residential.
Also as a midday we most definitely will deliver past 8pm even though its a service failure and for now neither manager has given a definitive cut off time as to when to just bring the pkgs back. Meaning drivers will still try to deliver even past 9pm which I dont think that is good service at all at that point. The pkg should just be brought back.

Last edited:

NC man

Any particular reason why you think you're entitled to pick and choose your own schedule?
When response rates start del all their stuff instead of rolling it over to me ,in my area, I will think about it.besides they tell us st peak to get in by 1930 for the trucks going to ramp can get loaded and leave on time.

dezguy

I'm willing to bet that they didn't sign him up for a "choose your own quitting time" job, either.
Don't know about down there but we get a schedule posted, each week with a start and and end time. Not my problem if my end time comes way before the work is done.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Don't know about down there but we get a schedule posted, each week with a start and and end time. Not my problem if my end time comes way before the work is done.
So do you actually get to go by your scheduled end time? I think my scheduled end time every day is 1630. I’m lucky when I’m off the clock by 1830. Lol.

dezguy

So do you actually get to go by your scheduled end time? I think my scheduled end time every day is 1630. I’m lucky when I’m off the clock by 1830. Lol.
They can force ft to work one hour of ot a day but it rarely gets enforced because management doesn't want to deal with the complaints.

My sph craters when they force that bs on me. Traffic just seems to get heavier when that happens.

dezguy

That’s awesome!
Sounds like things are different down there as far as labour code goes. Management just knows it isn't worth the trouble it would cause, 9 times out of 10.

There are people who gladly take the ot. If that's the case, God bless. For me, I don't need or want it, unless it's on my terms. I have a start time and an end time for a reason. Don't tell me my end time is changing, without prior notice and expect me to give it my all for that hour.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sounds like things are different down there as far as labour code goes. Management just knows it isn't worth the trouble it would cause, 9 times out of 10.

There are people who gladly take the ot. If that's the case, God bless. For me, I don't need or want it, unless it's on my terms. I have a start time and an end time for a reason. Don't tell me my end time is changing, without prior notice and expect me to give it my all for that hour.
Yeah, we have no choice. We have to work until done. Going over 14 hours is a major no-no because of DOT rules and fines, but management doesn’t usually like us to go over 12.