Do you think Response/Midday will last long term?

Guitarman01

I am curious what the thoughts are at other stations across the states.
Has anyone heard what will happen to response during peak? What about after that?
How has response been going at your station? I know it started as a mess for most.
Has it improved?

NC man

if they do it at peak then there will be a lot of pkgs rolled over because they cant del it all now. Of course some of the decisions made lately are ? so continuing Response at peak is probably the plan or better yet they may add a flight at 4 in the afternoon and hire more people to run that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That would be the typical upper management response. "We can't hire enough people now, so let's plan on hiring more people for peak!"

How about, let's get the freight to the stations on time by hiring overpaid temp workers at our hubs, and getting the freight on-road on time for a change. ?????

MassWineGuy

I believe that the current program will need to be suspended or highly modified during Peak. And I'm thinking Peak will start revving up sometime in September.

Lates

Last peak we didn’t get freight until 11 most days. We don’t have response but with us being that late I would think bigger areas wouldn’t be getting the second sort till late afternoon.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Considering I worked 13.5 hours 4 days this week and we never came back for response freight once…peak might be NOW

Peak has been now and it's been for the past 1 1/2 yrs. Unfortunately the company isn't paying us in proportion to all the freight they are delivering. In other words, their raise is too little too late. You have fast food joints paying as much as package handlers now. Who would want to work in a hot, sweaty warehouse for $14/hr when you can work in an air conditioned restaurant for the same amount of money?

Working4the1%

Peak has been now and it's been for the past 1 1/2 yrs. Unfortunately the company isn't paying us in proportion to all the freight they are delivering. In other words, their raise is too little too late. You have fast food joints paying as much as package handlers now. Who would want to work in a hot, sweaty warehouse for $14/hr when you can work in an air conditioned restaurant for the same amount of money?
Yeah but your a HERO ….that gets Zero at fedex Chipotle Increases Wages Resulting In $15 Per Hour Average Wage And Provides Path To Six Figure Compensation In ~3 Years - May 10, 2021

fatboy33

I am curious what the thoughts are at other stations across the states.
Has anyone heard what will happen to response during peak? What about after that?
How has response been going at your station? I know it started as a mess for most.
Has it improved?
RESPONSE is like driving around the block to go to your next door neighbor's house. Total waste of man power and vehicles. Much of those employees hate the start times, don't know where they're going and milk it. We've been taking any RESPONSE freight that makes its way down the belt. Use to just be businesses now we're taking everything. It should go away but I believe its here to stay and this is going to be the work plan going into the future. Part time P1 drivers and Full time P2-pickup drivers.

Guitarman01

RESPONSE is like driving around the block to go to your next door neighbor's house. Total waste of man power and vehicles. Much of those employees hate the start times, don't know where they're going and milk it. We've been taking any RESPONSE freight that makes its way down the belt. Use to just be businesses now we're taking everything. It should go away but I believe its here to stay and this is going to be the work plan going into the future. Part time P1 drivers and Full time P2-pickup drivers.
Yes I have been to places multiple times now both house and business where an express driver had already delivered a pkg, so we end up going to the same place twice. its even happen on multiples where the customer will receive pkg 1 of 2 from first driver and I delivered 2 of 2. That cant be a good look for us.
Not only that the other day we had a bunch of call ins on midday and some were out delivering past 9pm.
Thats ridiculous.
Thats one thing, if they keep these guys out late during peak, at some point your going to have to call it and not have drivers delivering 10 oclock at night. That benefits noone.

DeliveryException

We have been taking all midday freight that arrives in the morning or is a send again from the day before since it started.
Leave nothing behind, take everything on road. A lot of our middays have pickup route as well so they don't get much more than 15-20 deliveries done, if that.

!Retired!

Pretty good idea(?) .....in theory. Poor idea in reality. MAYBE,if we were fully staffed, there would be a shot of it working

They would rather suck up the extra expense, take the lates, etc than admit it's a failure. Their egos won't allow it.

Serf

Leave the building in December at 10:50. Be told by a manager to take 30 stops off a mid route who builds with 79 del and up to 25 pickups. Adding to your already 140 stops. What’s not to like?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Pretty good idea(?) .....in theory. Poor idea in reality. MAYBE,if we were fully staffed, there would be a shot of it working

They would rather suck up the extra expense, take the lates, etc than admit it's a failure. Their egos won't allow it.
Either they are money-hungry demons who'd slit their own mothers' throats for a dime, or they're too egotistical to stop a program that loses money.

Can't be both.