Do you think Response/Midday will last long term?

Aquaman

Yes I have been to places multiple times now both house and business where an express driver had already delivered a pkg, so we end up going to the same place twice. its even happen on multiples where the customer will receive pkg 1 of 2 from first driver and I delivered 2 of 2. That cant be a good look for us.
Not only that the other day we had a bunch of call ins on midday and some were out delivering past 9pm.
Thats ridiculous.
Thats one thing, if they keep these guys out late during peak, at some point your going to have to call it and not have drivers delivering 10 oclock at night. That benefits noone.
That’s how badly they DONT want P1 & P2 on the same truck. They absolutely would rather have 2 trucks go to the same address than have one driver deliver a P1 and P2 package at the same time. I personally think the cost of this response plan with all the hiring they have to do, extra truck routes, extra vehicles has to massively outweigh the cost of a company getting their P2 during the P1 cycle. At the end of the day... they’re using your service. It’s a tactic they should just allow customers to exploit. It’s not worth all this.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
At the end of the day... they’re using your service. It’s a tactic they should just allow customers to exploit. It’s not worth all this.
At the end of the day, they're going to keep it in areas where the backend savings justify it and there's no dropoff in volume.

MAKAVELI

At the end of the day, they're going to keep it in areas where the backend savings justify it and there's no dropoff in volume.
At the end of the day, they're going to keep it until they don't. With the leadership of little Dickey and Raj they'll keep throwing :censored2: at the wall until it sticks.

falcon back

Different station must be having different results. I ate lunch with some ex coworkers and they say most days, the results have been excellent. Weekday OT has been greatly reduced and Saturday OT has been nearly eliminated by using the extra people. Some days the 2nd wave is late and that causes problems but they said late freight is become less of a problem. Maybe the positive results will spread to other areas.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Different station must be having different results. I ate lunch with some ex coworkers and they say most days, the results have been excellent. Weekday OT has been greatly reduced and Saturday OT has been nearly eliminated by using the extra people. Some days the 2nd wave is late and that causes problems but they said late freight is become less of a problem. Maybe the positive results will spread to other areas.
Not sure what your ex cronies ate for lunch but they sure fed you some BS.

McFeely

Huge Member
so no one else has heard of response shutting down?
It sounds like they are maybe leaving it in place for now where it works?

My manager said to me Friday that it is here to stay at my station, but obviously they’re not included in the decisions that are made above them. Hoping Response goes away for Peak at a minimum.