Do you think that drivers are highly overpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Most drivers at my building couldn't even unload a trailer as fast as me even if my two hands were broken. Anybody can drive a package car and make deliveries - even old 70 yr old men. But to unload and load trailers - the job is not for everybody. I unload a truck by my self with a metro that only extends half way into the truck, and I did it in only 30 minutes. I wasn't even trying. But how could someone say driving a package car is hard when old 70 yr old men can do it? I personally don't think that drivers should be paid more than $20 an hour. Anybody with one brain cell can do it. I also don't think that drivers should be paid more than highly skilled workers such as mechanics, engineers and construction workers. I think at least 25 to 30 percent of full time drivers' pay should be slashed and be added onto the part timers' pay rates. We need more non sellout part timer ba and officers.
It cracks me up how these preload/unload guys think driving is cake... WE MAKE THE JOB LOOK EASY! I kinda thought the same way when I was in preload. Then first full week on my own as a driver... I was like, " Holy :censored2:!"

alwaysoverallowed

It cracks me up how these preload/unload guys think driving is cake... WE MAKE THE JOB LOOK EASY! I kinda thought the same way when I was in preload. Then first full week on my own as a driver... I was like, " Holy :censored2:!"

I don't think preload realizes how much the drivers and on roads cover up their mistakes until they go out as a cover driver or helper. Coming from preload myself I understand where these guys are coming from. Getting up and going to work at 3 am for $10 isn't easy but a lot of those guys don't realize they are actually making close to and even over $20 when you factor in the insurance and pension. So I just chalk these post up to youthful ignorance and move one. Especially when they (post) have been woken up from the dead.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think drivers outside of UPS are underpaid. Do you know how expensive it is to raise a family? Buy a house? 60k isn't much. And, if they work overtime, then they can get up to like 80k, I've heard. That's not overpaid, that's a comfortable living. If they got paid 100k, 120k, that might start to be overpaying. But really, they're damaging their bodies for UPS, as well. :censored2:ing up their knees walking so much. If you ask me, that's worth a lot more than 60k.

I agree. But come on bro, this post is almost 2 yrs old. I definitely don't think the way I did. This was when I just started working at UPS. I admit that was wrong about a lot of things I said. Now lets move on and killed this dinosaur thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.