Do you think that drivers are highly overpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket man

my manager thinks the same of me Are you my manger? drivers are only as good as supervisors and on road 90 pct of them suck so to the person who did this post your percentage is off

my manager thinks the same of me Are you my manger? drivers are only as good as supervisors and on road 90 pct of them suck so to the person who did this post your percentage is off

I have to disagree on the supervisor part. I can drive circles around my management team and act on problems they'll have to re-act on.

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
The OP is dead wrong stating that anybody can drive a package car and make deliveries. That's simply not true.

It's not an easy job for many. It takes some amount of customer service skills, and inter-relating with people skills which some simply do not have. And you have to deal with traffic and a lot of other obstacles while out on the road. When I work as a Driver Helper, I work my behind off. Yes, I've read the blog about the former UPS driver bragging how he abused his Helpers, and goofed around most of the day. That would be mega-rare for most drivers that work hard for more than 8 hours a day, and are darn glad to have a Helper (if he/she is decent) assisting them.

I respect our drivers.

I would, however, agree that loading or unloading trailers is very hard labor that IMO is very underpaid. I looked at it as a Gym membership that they paid me for. Without that twist on it, I would have quit after a week. It certainly is not worth the money for what you are putting your body through. Too much repetitive stress on the hands, elbows, knees and back.

oldngray

nowhere special
i think that drivers deserve more beeeeer
beer_cartoon.jpg

Rawrzxor

I think drivers outside of UPS are underpaid. Do you know how expensive it is to raise a family? Buy a house? 60k isn't much. And, if they work overtime, then they can get up to like 80k, I've heard. That's not overpaid, that's a comfortable living. If they got paid 100k, 120k, that might start to be overpaying. But really, they're damaging their bodies for UPS, as well. :censored2:ing up their knees walking so much. If you ask me, that's worth a lot more than 60k.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think drivers outside of UPS are underpaid. Do you know how expensive it is to raise a family? Buy a house? 60k isn't much. And, if they work overtime, then they can get up to like 80k, I've heard. That's not overpaid, that's a comfortable living. If they got paid 100k, 120k, that might start to be overpaying. But really, they're damaging their bodies for UPS, as well. :censored2:ing up their knees walking so much. If you ask me, that's worth a lot more than 60k.
It's a lot of OT but plenty of drivers make 100k plus. It's around 11 hours a day I think.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy

UPS takes applications every day.

UPSER110

I'm gonna make like 63k my 1st full year driving.. top rate with ot is pusing close to 100k

Status
Not open for further replies.