Do you think this warning letter for a late Early AM is justified?

Was the warning letter justified?

• yes

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • no

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • chicken pot pie

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

HBGPreloader

What is the point? Do you also think the driver acted in bad faith and should have had the customer help with unloading the delivery?
Did the driver act in "bad faith"?
No, he did everything he was supposed to - by the book.
He gave management every opportunity to assist. But, management chose not to provide the necessary assistance he rightfully requested.
Could it or should it have been handled differently? Perhaps. But, I wasn't there so I really can't make that call.

PT Car Washer

The driver stated the customer wanted to help with the overweight. I can imagine the customer telling the driver to get out of the way and I will unload it. Driver refused to deliver on time and left. It is stories like this that give Unions a bad name.

PT Car Washer

The driver may have done everything "by the book", but do you really want to have someone judge you "by the book" everyday of your life. I would hate to think where I would be right now if some one had not let me learn from my mistakes and just went "by the book".

teamsterdan

your paid to do the job "by the book" not decide for yourself; IF there were more drivers that simply DID THE JOB AND FOLLOWED THE METHODS there would be fewer ISSUES and MORE friend/t JOBS......we all know ONE THING about their methods.............THEY TAKE MORE TIME..................simple........drivers that choose to do otherwise are CORPORATE TOOLS

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
your paid to do the job "by the book" not decide for yourself; IF there were more drivers that simply DID THE JOB AND FOLLOWED THE METHODS there would be fewer ISSUES and MORE friend/t JOBS......we all know ONE THING about their methods.............THEY TAKE MORE TIME..................simple........drivers that choose to do otherwise are CORPORATE TOOLS
If every driver behaved like the one this thread is about I would load up on FedEx stock.

PT Car Washer

Sounds to me like this driver decided by himself to refuse to deliver this customers package on time. A little bit of common sense goes a long way in life.

I GOT ONE MORE

One can be fired for a customer setting foot inside the package car?? I thought it was unauthorized passenger that would get you fired. You can't be a passenger unless the vehicle is moving, right? "Passenger", a traveler on a public or private conveyance other than the driver, pilot, or crew.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a driver in our center who for the past several years has ALWAYS requested Driver Assistance on Over Weight Packages. He has gotten multiple warning letters for not delivering OW by 'sliding' the packages to the rear of the truck and then pushing onto the hand trucks( of course ALL of these letters have been dropped when challenged as the contract is very clear regarding hourly assistance)

Monday he had an Early AM that was over weight and notified management before he left the building he would need hourly assistance. As the morning is always an absolute madhouse in our building he was told to leave,and that the building would" be in touch"

He runs his Early AM's,goes to the business of the OW ,and delivers everything but the OW. He calls the center and is told no help is available and to "make do"

The customer offers to help the driver get it off the truck but the drivers refuses his help saying a non UPS employee is NOT allowed in the Package Car.

The drivers returns 2 hours later with help and makes the delivery. The customer is FURIOUS and files several corporate complaints. The center manager nearly had a stroke over this and issued a warning letter.

so what say ye?

The warning letter was totally justified.