Do you think we will ever get a maximum weight limit in the contract?

thebrownbox

Back when I used to work preload we had elevator weights come to the belts I think the weight was around 280-300 lbs not sure how it got into the system should of been freight but they sent it out with the driver anyways...

The Milkman

I see packages daily in excess of 100lbs that have a UPS label of 1-5lbs.

When I worked the Customer Counter, I would see the same type of thing. Mostly NDA showing 3 or 4 pounds but weighing more like 40. I would put them on the scale when they were dropped off. I would have to call revenue recovery kids to come up and take them and make the adjustment. You would think UPS would follow up with the shippers for trying to short change them?

browned out

Article 44 of the 2018-2023 Master

...changes in the over 70 pound handling procedures or equipment, including any change in labeling, or if the Employer believes it is necessary to increase the current weight limit or the current limits on package dimensions, it may request a review of such changes. The Employer shall negotiate and reach agreement with the Union before any change is implemented. Neither party shall unreasonably withhold agreement.

Indecisi0n

I had a call tag for a 130 lb package . I get my handcart out haul it up to the door and ring only to have the customer give me a vanilla envelope as the return. I smiled and quickly tore ass out of there .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Article 44 of the 2018-2023 Master

...changes in the over 70 pound handling procedures or equipment, including any change in labeling, or if the Employer believes it is necessary to increase the current weight limit or the current limits on package dimensions, it may request a review of such changes. The Employer shall negotiate and reach agreement with the Union before any change is implemented. Neither party shall unreasonably withhold agreement.

You post that language like it's something new in the current contract.

It's been in the contract since 1997....

*BTW, how are all the NLRB charges you filed against Local 243 going ?*

:biggrin:

-Bug-

browned out

You post that language like it's something new in the current contract.

It's been in the contract since 1997....

*BTW, how are all the NLRB charges you filed against Local 243 going ?*

:biggrin:

-Bug-

NLRB charges are open.

We were still awaiting your response as to how the IBT could arbitrarily negotiate a CBA that guarantees a lower class, lesser paid, no excessive OT rights, classification employee the guarantee of 40 hours while No (0) Zero RPCDs are guaranteed 40 hours?

Maybe you can come up with a reasonable response/answer to that very simple question. I highly doubt it.

browned out

What's the case number ?

I will let you know when the hearing is scheduled. Maybe you can come up to the D.

In regards to the following:

What's the answer?

We were still awaiting your response as to how the IBT could arbitrarily negotiate a CBA that guarantees a lower class, lesser paid, no excessive OT rights, classification employee the guarantee of 40 hours while No (0) Zero RPCDs are guaranteed 40 hours?

Why not afford RPCDs a 40 hour per week guarantee instead of a 24 hour per week guarantee?

A simple question that you appear to be unable to answer and/or refuse to answer in a forthright manner.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Back to this nonsense....

We were still awaiting your response

Who's we ?

You seem to be the only one, with this particular affliction of poor comprehension.

The rest of BrownCafe.... has moved on to discussing things like A/C. :biggrin:

as to how the IBT could arbitrarily negotiate a CBA that guarantees a lower class, lesser paid

How is it possible, that you think, they need your permission ?

Are you aware that Ron Carey negotiated the 22.3 classification (that was

subpar to the 22.2 classification) for doing the same jobs for $1.69 less per hour ?

(And guess, who forced the company to create the jobs.... it was Hoffa)

Why not afford RPCDs a 40 hour per week guarantee instead of a 24 hour per week guarantee?

Where do you keep coming up with this 24 hr guarantee ?

What article of the contract is that ?

The Central Region language has not changed (in that regard) for over 40 years.

I will let you know when the hearing is scheduled. Maybe you can come up to the D.

No thanks.

I went to a National Panel there.

Detroit is a prime example of liberal Democrats in power.

@browned out

I honestly don't believe, you have filed any NLRB charges.

Prove me wrong....

-Bug-

*BTW what does your Local 243 E-Board have to say about it ?*

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Back when I used to work preload we had elevator weights come to the belts I think the weight was around 280-300 lbs not sure how it got into the system should of been freight but they sent it out with the driver anyways...
300 pounds????? friend you, under the belt it goes, if it's still there when I get back I'll sheet it as missed. Come pick up your 300 pound box and bring your damn forklift

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
No thanks. I went to a National Panel there. Detroit is a prime example of liberal Democrats in power.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the laugh. Damn liberals ruined an entire city! It's the liberals fault that the city is in deep poverty! Forget about the wage/cost of living gap, forget that the automotive industry abondoned ship and left the city for dead (boy, that doesn't sound very liberal), forget all of that. It's the liberals fault!!!! Damn snowflakes!!!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@Netsua 3:16

Before you quote and post a reply;

Click "more options" and then "preview". You can see what it looks like before

you hit reply. I've done it, and had to go back and fix it.

If you miss one ].... the quote and post look all jacked up. (#54)

;)

RDL

@Netsua 3:16

Before you quote and post a reply;

Click "more options" and then "preview". You can see what it looks like before

you hit reply. I've done it, and had to go back and fix it.

If you miss one ].... the quote and post look all jacked up. (#54)

;)
You actually gonna mount an argument to his grandstanding or just split hairs that nobody gives a S* about?