Do you tip your shop steward?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our family just lost our opthalmologist (we were with for over 30 years) and the independent pharmacy I have been with since 1969.

The Rx location can be replaced but there's no eye guy near by our town of the same caliber as this one. Not even close. Some gained. Some lost. Glad some gained.

That had nothing to do with our stewards but Im thinking about a "tip" to pass on to Jr.
The thing about this team care plan is the guys going into it will still have better coverage than us members who have been on other union plans for years and years...and to be honest with you I have no problem with my insurance and the copay etc..it's not perfect but nothing in life is.

10 point

The thing about this team care plan is the guys going into it will still have better coverage than us members who have been on other union plans for years and years...and to be honest with you I have no problem with my insurance and the copay etc..it's not perfect but nothing in life is.
And where is the justice in that?
I don't want to get into an argument about TeamCare vs our longstanding coverage that vanished but it makes many of us really uneasy when all the TeamCare members weren't enhanced to the same level. Actually, I personally feel that is bullcrap. Its water over the dam now but then again, trust is a pretty valuable thing to lose.

Time will tell. Hope we're wrong but I hear ducks quacking.

Elections are forthcoming.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've had several different eye doctors and dentists over the years as my fund looks for the best affordable options. Amazingly I can still see and chew just fine.

10 point

I've had several different eye doctors and dentists over the years as my fund looks for the best affordable options. Amazingly I can still see and chew just fine.
Glad for your experience. I dont share it. Is it unusual to lose high quality providers and not be remorseful about that? I don't think so but you aren't me and maybe you didn't lose the long time patient profile history we did.
Like I said, its water over the dam. Glad you're happy. That's all that matters.