Do you tip your shop steward?

Brownsfan

I was just wondering if anyone here tips there stewards? They do a ton of work and seem to put a big ole target on their backs daily.

Steward773

I will buy mine a coffee once in a while. Sometimes, if I see sups working in other operations I will let the Steward know. He files and gives 1/2 the money to me. If a Steward let's me know that sups in my area were working, I will file and give 1/2 the money to them.

Brownsfan

Great to know. I have a couple real awesome stewards that have some cold ones coming their way. Yes I am serious they deal with a lot of extra bs at UPS, just wanting to show my appreciation.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I had a guy take me out for wings and beer one time after we got his job back.

"Thanks for what you do for us!" works just as well though. One of those makes up for a hundred, "My supervisor worked next to me all night! You're crooked because you won't file a grievance and scream at him from the other side of the building!"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was just wondering if anyone here tips there stewards?

Yes.

It looks like this.

343kw7q.jpg

11hs5j9.jpg

Protective gear, comes in handy.

av6hrc.jpg

-Bug-

Yes. The thank you's that are far and few between coupled with the seldom I'm glad you take the time to do this for us make all the differences on some days when you think you can't take it anymore. God has a special place in his heart for a union steward.

10 point

I know a steward who won a large grievance and gave it to a driver who had a terminal illness. He spent his own time researching and sitting thru hearings, which was not compensated, and then gave that all away to help someone in great need.

I know another steward that took the heat while exposing seriously crazy management behavior against the drivers (the drivers were filing and making phone calls over the abuse) and when the management was finally removed and the company brought in a hard butt hatchet man some of the drivers turned on the steward who had stood up for them at the risk of his own job.
Its pretty much a thankless job...
unless you like pain and mental stress.