Documentation tips

boxwayne

I was sent a warning letter based solely on telematics, it was struck down by the union. I try to document everything now to keep that situation and future acts of intemination/harrasment in check. What sort of information do any of you guys collect to document? What's your individual process? Any information to improve my skills in this would be appreciated. Side note, thank you Browncafe for these wonderful fourums. I've read horror story's on this site for years and was able to use that information to defend myself. Thanks to all.

boxwayne

What’d you do
Management claimed I delivered a unreported misload(which was in my diad and I had the whole neighborhood that it was in) and that it took me 15 mins to deliver it.they claimed I delivered it at 534. But I have a 530 dropbox and met another driver afterwards for a air meet. Then I drove to the so-called misload. Time was off on orion

35years

Gravy route
Take pics of everything.
Truck scratches, load quality, disputed diad training, text diad messages sent and recieved, damaged boxes, property damage customers could accuse you of, misloaded boxes(salts).

Take pics of your loaded boxes (video sweep) in case they put a mislead on your truck AFTER you are punched out.

Write down any instructions given by management that contradict methods, with names.

35years

Gravy route
So you went back to a neighborhood you delivered earlier that was in your diad?

You should get a gold star, not a warning letter.

Or did they claim you purposely delivered it out of order to add miles?

Indecisi0n

Make notes in your phones calendar app . This way at anytime you can pull up the day in question and have all notes for that day . No need to fumble through a note book .

542thruNthru

We have a couple drivers that have these suction cup to the window or dash. It helps when you want to put something down real quick.
71aSNEMT6-L._SX466_.jpg

boxwayne

So you went back to a neighborhood you delivered earlier that was in your diad?

You should get a gold star, not a warning letter.

Or did they claim you purposely delivered it out of order to add miles?
Actually it was the first stop in the neighborhood after the air meet, I think it was a surepost and maybe they thought it was a misload. I had the hardest time comprehending what he was accusing me of at first because it was just so so stupid. 5 mins research would of cleared that up.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Do the right thing....get in trouble. Report all misloads by 3. If you find any after 3 then you have to run it. But scan it first. But if you scan it after 3 you face discipline.....but don’t just go run it even if it’s in your area.
My head hurts.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
If I find one late in the day and it’s within reason (half hour or so) I just go run it. I won’t send it in, only to get told to bring it back to the center and DONT SCAN IT. My job is to deliver what’s on my truck. Every pkg will get serviced if possible

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I find one late in the day and it’s within reason (half hour or so) I just go run it. I won’t send it in, only to get told to bring it back to the center and DONT SCAN IT. My job is to deliver what’s on my truck. Every pkg will get serviced if possible

While I do appreciate your work ethic, that is not your call to make. Driving 30 minutes each way for a Surepost does not make sense.

Heavy Package

I just stop trying to understand this company. If this is the whole story, then UPS wants to discipline a delivery driver for delivering a package in the same neighborhood as his area. Maybe he found it late? Maybe he had to make service on other packages first? Who cares. This driver knew it was a close stop to his route and delivered it. Customer taken care of, warning letter to the driver who took care of it. Crazy.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I had the hardest time comprehending what he was accusing me of at first because it was just so so stupid. 5 mins research would of cleared that up.

UPS doesn't do research.

They gave you a warning letter, and you and the Union put in the time and legwork while they sat back and drank a cup of coffee.

Saca La

What is it?
I write in a calendar book

- what route I run that day
-how many stops
-how many pieces
- how many pick up stops
-how many pick up pieces.

Every now and again I’ll write the miles down. And I’ll also write anything that was not in the normal schedule that day. Ex. Met someone later that day to get airs, had to load my own truck in the morning, ran misload (after I get the okay from the center). :censored2: like that. That’s just me though

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This thread only reinforces my opinion that, only in a union shop can UPS get away with so much BS and it require so much BS from its employees. Show me a non-union truck driving or warehouse job that is nearly as toxic and hostile that requires someone to make paranoia notes all day long for some type of sense of protection.