Dodgers or the Rockies in the west?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I believe this is Drew's year also. You're lucky to have him in the Fantasy football league.

Go Drew except for the weeks you play me!!:funny:

Thank you!!
I have been a big Drew Brees fan since he signed with the Saints.

I became a bigger fan when I learned what he has accomplished in the New Olrean's area after Katrina.

The Saint's Bye in week number five.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Baesball.

Isn't that season over yet?

How is MLB gonna handle the Twins and the NFL?
From my limited understanding, some playoff game in the Metrodome wants to mess up my NFL season?!?

Packers @ Vikings rescheduled? (could it be true?)

What is the story?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/19/vikings-face-possible-metrodome-scheduling-conflict-oct-5/

Really.
Does anyone think that the ABC network is willing to give up the revenue from this Monday Night game? :greedy:
And the ratings?
And I am not GIVING up my ticket or changing it!! :biting:
I have never been to the Metrodome!!

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
We used to sit in the bleachers and we were proud members of the, Dodger Pepsi Fan Club for a few of those years, talking late 60's early 70's!:happy2:

I followed more throughout the '70s, and also got the privilege of going to a World Series game in '78 with my dad for free...Terrible seats! Deep left field nose bleed seats behind the giant foul pole, could barely see a thing. Even worse game, it was game 5. Damn Yankees won, took the series back to NY and won for the second straight year against the Dodgers. But at least I got to go to a World Series Game:happy-very:.
Ever since that series, I discovered that I could possibly slightly consider to somewhat bring myself to kinda root for a team from Boston:surprised:, just because I hate the Yankees so much:happy-very:

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Dodgers(maybe even Vin himself) had something to do with coining the term 7th inning stretch to try and keep fans at the games longer....That road in/out of Elysian Park was a drag, especially when they would close off the back exit.

I haven't been to Petco Park yet, I hear it's great. Too bad the Padres aren't:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes!

And after the Dodgers beat the Phillies and the Angles take care of the Yanks it will come to be!!

:fan:Freeway series, freeway series, rah, rah rah...

I want Dodgers to beat the Yankees in the World Series so that Joe Torre can smirk at Yankee management/ownership!

Last edited:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Yes!

And after the Dodgers beat the Phillies and the Angles take care of the Yanks it will come to be!!

Considering what happened during game 3 of the '89 freeway series up north, do we really want one of those in the south???

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Considering what happened during game 3 of the '89 freeway series up north, do we really want one of those in the south???
Yikes I wasn't really thinking about that. With all the quakes in the South Pacific we're probably due. Hopefully if we have a freeway series it doesn't shake things up like that..

Doesn't mean we don't want one, I'll take my chances..:surprised:

Dodgers all the way!

browndevil

Was that the earthquake game?
Yes it was. Now, here in Northern California we are approaching the 20 year anniversary October 17 1989. The local news stations are replaying old footage and "Where were you " spots. I was on a bar stool at a local pizza joint getting ready for the game

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was that game today?:wink2:

I have to admit I had switched over to football when it was 6-4 with Papelbon, who is usually automatic, in the bottom of the 8th.

Angels/Yankees--Yankees in 7

Dodgers/whomever---Dodgers in 6

Yankees over Dodgers in 6

P

pickup

Yes!

Karma would dictate Torre and the Dodgers versus the Yankees and Torre's team winning.