does a dwi affect ft eligibility

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I was very very very close to getting a dui last month, cop let me go. I don't know why, maybe because it was a lady cop. I've definitely learned from that and realized that my brother isnt who he really is. Although it was my decision, I definitely take full blame for it.

I thought you ain't even 21 yet?

browntroll

it depends on management and who you tell/ask. i know one cover driver still driving after a DUI, while i also met a
part timer that was banned from driving for 10 years(for ups) after his second DUI but then again part timer went to corporate to ask
about it while cover driver only had to deal with hub management.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't care where your at you shouldn't be out drinking and driving anyway. Its not how it used to be where it was easy to do it. And especially with this job if you have aspirations of ever going into driving or if you are currently driving. Just not worth it really dude. I like others have said if I know im driving will drink maybe 2 or 3 tops, ill drink when I get home where its safe, kinda a no brainer with this job really.
2014-08-12-02-41-02-1404174514.jpeg
"Drink"....my :censored2:! Lmao

Nimnim

The Nim
I have lived in Florida my entire life and never ever heard of that.

Isn't that why it's called "Driving Under the Influence"?D.U.I.

It would fall under Florida statute 316.191 (1) (b) and under the officers discretion if a "drag race" was happening. In the entire statute the speed limit isn't mentioned and it's even vague enough under (1) (c) that if an officer wanted to really be an ass, they could charge you with it if they overheard you and a friend talking about which route would be faster to get to a certain location and wanted to test it leaving from a set location at the same time. Likely to not result in a conviction yes, but still possible.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
Isn't that why it's called "Driving Under the Influence"?D.U.I.

Or "operating while visibly impaired" and all the others. But there's no specific language in the law pertaining to the threshold of 'intoxication' as there is with alcohol, in MI be a BAC of .08. Personally, I've seen people that weren't on anything that were worse drivers than someone driving on acid, but it's hard to take someone's license just because they're a shiddy driver. They basically have to slam through the front wall of the PD and say "My bad! Didn't see yah there! Mind givin' me a push, I seem to be stuck on your secretary?"

My original point, however, most people think of DUI's as being exclusively an alcohol-related offense, which, especially in a state like mine where medical marijuana is legal, couldn't be further from the truth.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
"I only drink 1 or 2 shots of absinthe, then I go home and drink with my dog like a true alcoholic!"

Some of you people are sounding A BIT too judgmental. Don't lecture the poor guy, a DUI is a self-explanatory "I shouldn't have done that" situation. Answer the question and don't state the obvious like "That wasn't a good idea" or "That's illegal."

No :censored2:ing :censored2: sherlock.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
"I only drink 1 or 2 shots of absinthe, then I go home and drink with my dog like a true alcoholic!"

Some of you people are sounding A BIT too judgmental. Don't lecture the poor guy, a DUI is a self-explanatory "I shouldn't have done that" situation. Answer the question and don't state the obvious like "That wasn't a good idea" or "That's illegal."

No :censored2:ing :censored2: sherlock.
In the future...I'll run all my posts by you first, to see if you approve.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was very very very close to getting a dui last month, cop let me go. I don't know why, maybe because it was a lady cop. I've definitely learned from that and realized that my brother isnt who he really is. Although it was my decision, I definitely take full blame for it.

So who really is your brother?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Read in the paper this morning where one of our drivers got pulled over for drunk driving on Saturday. This is his second one within 10 years and, in our district, you lose your job after getting a second DWI. If this is indeed the case that would be a shame as he is a good worker with a young family.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Read in the paper this morning where one of our drivers got pulled over for drunk driving on Saturday. This is his second one within 10 years and, in our district, you lose your job after getting a second DWI. If this is indeed the case that would be a shame as he is a good worker with a young family.
Should have thought of that before driving drunk AGAIN