does a dwi affect ft eligibility

guwop

I was up for ft promotion back in june. longstory short i got a dwi in may was out of driving for a month but still managed to keep my license so i am driving now. Do i have to wait a year before i get that ft opportunity again?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is why I limit myself to one drink if driving boys and girls. Maybe two if I will be there for an extended time, but that's it.

S

selfcancelsignal

This is why I limit myself to one drink if driving boys and girls. Maybe two if I will be there for an extended time, but that's it.
Yep, I'm a 2 beer Tom in these situations now too.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

DamageCallTag

I didn't have to wait. I was a cover driver that received a DUI. Very long story, but I jumped through the required UPS hoops and was only off the road for one month then got promoted to full time a few weeks later.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Nimnim

The Nim
If you want to be a full time driver, don't drink and drive, it's really that simple.

Sent using BrownCafe App

While I agree drinking and driving is bad, a dui/dwi can also be accrued from being sleepy in some jurisdictions if the officer is a hardass. Sometimes the laws to prevent some behavior are written in a way they give too wide a scope and officers can abuse that. Unless it changed in the last couple years since I last looked at the statutes, someone can be charged with "street racing" in Florida without ever hitting the speed limit.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
You can get a dui/dwi/oui/owvi etc... in MI from taking your prescription meds if the officer believes that it has affected your ability to drive.. You can fight it, because it's subjective.. But, anyhoo, unless things are different in your area, you only have to have a clean driving record for the past 12 months and you should be good..

Johney

someone can be charged with "street racing" in Florida without ever hitting the speed limit.
I have lived in Florida my entire life and never ever heard of that.
You can get a dui/dwi/oui/owvi etc... in MI from taking your prescription meds if the officer believes that it has affected your ability to drive..
Isn't that why it's called "Driving Under the Influence"?D.U.I.

GameCockFan

It used to be 1 year for moving violations, 3 years for dui/dwi/reckless driving. The last couple bid sheets have said 1 yr/moving violations, no dwi/dui EVER. I haven't asked because it doesn't apply to me, but this would dq a lot the part timers.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't care where your at you shouldn't be out drinking and driving anyway. Its not how it used to be where it was easy to do it. And especially with this job if you have aspirations of ever going into driving or if you are currently driving. Just not worth it really dude. I like others have said if I know im driving will drink maybe 2 or 3 tops, ill drink when I get home where its safe, kinda a no brainer with this job really.

UPSGUY72

I was up for ft promotion back in june. longstory short i got a dwi in may was out of driving for a month but still managed to keep my license so i am driving now. Do i have to wait a year before i get that ft opportunity again?

You can't drive at UPS for 5 years.

The requirements to drive are as follows.

1. No moving violations in the last year.
2. No more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years.
3. No DUI,DWI, or reckless driving in the last 5 years..

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was very very very close to getting a dui last month, cop let me go. I don't know why, maybe because it was a lady cop. I've definitely learned from that and realized that my brother isnt who he really is. Although it was my decision, I definitely take full blame for it.