Does anyone have a good experience with PAS?

nwpowder

Thanks for the feedback y'all. I think it's clear that for me the problem is the local mgmt team. I have gone over changes with them multiple times only to see them never implemented or put in and then changed again. Ohhhh well, getting way more ot than I want but need the money. Going down the grievance route in a couple weeks, so I can spend some time with the kids this summer. Happy to finally get on this site and hear from other teamster brothers across the country. BTW I think the concern of UPS thinking we are all replaceable now that they have this system is very real and very concerning.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thanks for the feedback y'all. I think it's clear that for me the problem is the local mgmt team. I have gone over changes with them multiple times only to see them never implemented or put in and then changed again. Ohhhh well, getting way more ot than I want but need the money. Going down the grievance route in a couple weeks, so I can spend some time with the kids this summer. Happy to finally get on this site and hear from other teamster brothers across the country. BTW I think the concern of UPS thinking we are all replaceable now that they have this system is very real and very concerning.

In many cases, the fault lies not with the local management team (who are in reality little more than puppets) but with the district and division level bean counters who have set them up to fail by trying to do EDD "on the cheap" and denying them the time and manpower they need to implement EDD properly.

My center is a perfect example. Our loop detail was put together by a supervisor who (a) had no knowledge of the area to begin with and (b) was still responsible for the day-to-day operational needs of the center at the same time. He was trying to do the work of 3 people, and his task was a hopeless one. Four years later, we are still paying the price for corporates shortsighted stupidity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry I know that sounded "bad" but if you know your rte who gives a crap how anyone thinks it's loaded. I'm sorry but if sometime down the line we go on strike and your rte is stop for stop in EDD that can do nothing but help the company from getting rid of you. The reason the company basically shut down in 97 was they couldn't operate w/o us. Now with EDD and guys who set there rte up stop for stop in EDD, well you can guess the rest.

I want to thank you for giving me a good laugh this morning as this has got to be one of the stupidest things I have read on here in a long time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I want to thank you for giving me a good laugh this morning as this has got to be one of the stupidest things I have read on here in a long time.
He spent to much time around Griff when Griff was here. 407 is sounding more and more like Griff too. Too bad for a steward.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No disrespect but isn't that the mantra of the typical Me-ster??? Who cares about tomorrow that's why I $h|t where I eat. I'll be somewhere else tomorrow.
No disrespect?!?!?! Really, cuzs that exactly what you did. And coming from a steward. Nice. Throw me under the truck?!?!?!

You don't know me. I get paid to do a job and regardless of what UPS does they do earn the respect for that fact. I take care of my customers. If that means that I set EDD up right so that a driver coming in behind me can take care of my customers then that is the way it is. Don't you dare accuse (or imply - whatever word you wish to use) me of anything less than doing my job to the best of my ability. You call yourself a steward? You wouldn't be my steward, not with the attitude that you have. Let me know when you GROW up. We can talk then, but until then don't ever throw me under the truck.

No disrespect?!?!?! Really, cuzs that exactly what you did. And coming from a steward. Nice. Throw me under the truck?!?!?!

You don't know me. I get paid to do a job and regardless of what UPS does they do earn the respect for that fact. I take care of my customers. If that means that I set EDD up right so that a driver coming in behind me can take care of my customers then that is the way it is. Don't you dare accuse (or imply - whatever word you wish to use) me of anything less than doing my job to the best of my ability. You call yourself a steward? You wouldn't be my steward, not with the attitude that you have. Let me know when you GROW up. We can talk then, but until then don't ever throw me under the truck.
When you get a couple more decades under your belt you will understand. I thought you were a swing driver what are you setting up for the next driver?? Maybe I'm missing something like you got a route in the last couple of months but if you are setting up a route that is not yours this would be taking a dump on somebodys area. If some swing driver came in and set up my route another way with the management team this would be a little disturbing. In another thread you said you were laid off from driving and in another thread you said you had about five years with united parcel. So I really don't think you understand unless I'm missing something. Something I have always prided myself in is learning from the old timers who have experience.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When you get a couple more decades under your belt you will understand. I thought you were a swing driver what are you setting up for the next driver?? Maybe I'm missing something like you got a route in the last couple of months but if you are setting up a route that is not yours this would be taking a dump on somebodys area. If some swing driver came in and set up my route another way with the management team this would be a little disturbing. In another thread you said you were laid off from driving and in another thread you said you had about five years with united parcel. So I really don't think you understand unless I'm missing something. Something I have always prided myself in is learning from the old timers who have experience.

Your words echo your immaturity.

I am a utility driver. Being on or off lay-off has nothing to do with this. I have set up rtes because the regular driver wouldn't take the time to do it. If you think that I would not 'help' set up your rte you would be mistaken. I would, rather you like it or not.

Experience? I have a lifetime of experience. Let's start with this:

A stewards primary function is to UPHOLD the contract. To act above and beyond reproach. Whether you like it or not the contract protects the company as well as the laborer. No where in MY contract does it say I have the right to go out and look for ways to screw my employer. I don't go about intentionally padding my miles. By not setting up your rte the RIGHT way you are padding your miles and you also throw any cover driver you have under the truck of which I am one so I tend to take this a little personally.

Or this:

The minute you said, ".......... the mantra of the typical Me-ster???" you didn't act above and beyond reproach. You point your finger at me. How about standing up and accepting responsibility for your actions. Isn't not setting up your rte the right way all about you? You won't do it because they won't help you? You won't do it because they won't listen? You follow trace the way they put it in your board because they won't fix it, until they tell you to not do it anymore. Is this not all 'Me-ster'? Why don't you step above what the company does? Why not show some personal integrity? Why not be better than your mgt? Why not be a real steward?

You pride yourself in learning from the 'oldtimers', well open your mind and open your eyes. Isn't there the slightest chance that I am right? I think there is.

Your words echo your immaturity.

I am a utility driver. Being on or off lay-off has nothing to do with this. I have set up rtes because the regular driver wouldn't take the time to do it. If you think that I would not 'help' set up your rte you would be mistaken. I would, rather you like it or not.

Experience? I have a lifetime of experience. Let's start with this:

A stewards primary function is to UPHOLD the contract. To act above and beyond reproach. Whether you like it or not the contract protects the company as well as the laborer. No where in MY contract does it say I have the right to go out and look for ways to screw my employer. I don't go about intentionally padding my miles. By not setting up your rte the RIGHT way you are padding your miles and you also throw any cover driver you have under the truck of which I am one so I tend to take this a little personally.

Or this:

The minute you said, ".......... the mantra of the typical Me-ster???" you didn't act above and beyond reproach. You point your finger at me. How about standing up and accepting responsibility for your actions. Isn't not setting up your rte the right way all about you? You won't do it because they won't help you? You won't do it because they won't listen? You follow trace the way they put it in your board because they won't fix it, until they tell you to not do it anymore. Is this not all 'Me-ster'? Why don't you step above what the company does? Why not show some personal integrity? Why not be better than your mgt? Why not be a real steward?

You pride yourself in learning from the 'oldtimers', well open your mind and open your eyes. Isn't there the slightest chance that I am right? I think there is.
I agree to disagree you will get it when you experience more years with this company other than these words we are just not on the same page. It sounds like you are just talking to hear yourself talk.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

DILLIGAF, nothing personal and I'm not trying to pigpile you here.

You say " If that means that I set EDD up right so that a driver coming in behind me can take care of my customers then that is the way it is"

You are a cover driver, meaning you are that driver coming in behind the regular driver to take care of those customers. It seems you have some type of entitlement streak going on.

You are their driver. You are your center manager's driver. You service UPS's customers.

The DOL is not yours, it is UPS's. The truck is UPS's. The route is UPS's.

All you and I and most of us do is drive the truck and move the boxes. There is no I in Teamster and when you start to meddle into things you should not, then you cross that fine line between helping and harming.

Again, nothing personal but casual observation.