Does anyone have a good experience with PAS?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DILLIGAF, nothing personal and I'm not trying to pigpile you here.

You say " If that means that I set EDD up right so that a driver coming in behind me can take care of my customers then that is the way it is"

You are a cover driver, meaning you are that driver coming in behind the regular driver to take care of those customers. It seems you have some type of entitlement streak going on.

You are their driver. You are your center manager's driver. You service UPS's customers.

The DOL is not yours, it is UPS's. The truck is UPS's. The route is UPS's.

All you and I and most of us do is drive the truck and move the boxes. There is no I in Teamster and when you start to meddle into things you should not, then you cross that fine line between helping and harming.

Again, nothing personal but casual observation.
Not meant to sound like an 'entitlement' thing. On any given day, on any given rte, the rte is my work to do. That is all I meant. Most of our rtes are set up and most of the drivers have had their say in how they were set up. That's great. It works for me because I cover 90% of these rtes. I did set up 1 rte in particular because the regular driver wouldn't do it. It's a rte that I do because no one else likes it. I set it up the most logical way. My sup was very appreciative of it. Thank you. BTW for the most part if I see something that doesn't make sense in EDD I will mention it to the regular driver, not go behind their back and change it. My point to 407 was that he is screwing his cover drivers. Not likely to change my mind on that any time soon. The regular drivers know their rtes the best. If they don't want to set up their EDD correctly then they have nothing to bitch about when they come back to work left over from the previous driver. I'm including gate codes, unusual del spots, etc.

The DOL, the trucks, the customers........... UPS's? Yes I suppose so if you want to look at it in such a literal way. I still get paid to do my job and that is to take care of those customers and those trucks and if fixing problems with EDD helps me do that then I will. I will NOT apologize for that. I will not stand down on this either. We can agree to disagree.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
[COLOR="purple" My point to 407 was that he is screwing his cover drivers. Not likely to change my mind on that any time soon. The regular drivers know their rtes the best. If they don't want to set up their EDD correctly then they have nothing to bitch about when they come back to work left over from the previous driver. I'm including gate codes, unusual del spots, etc.

[/COLOR]

I think the whole point was that UPS has it's way with EDD.

407 is followed every day, virtually or by management.

They know the best way for EDD , in their opinion.

That should be good enough for most drivers. UPS makes their bed to lie in, why change their bed? That is my POV

I do not disagree with anything you said, it's just your opinion is different than mine and maybe 407...or hell maybe he disagrees with me too...:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
PAS is another tool that we have to do our jobs. If that tool is broke one either replaces it or fixes it. Since there is no chance of it being replaced I choose to fix it.

Johney

PAS is another tool that we have to do our jobs. If that tool is broke one either replaces it or fixes it. Since there is no chance of it being replaced I choose to fix it.
Let me ask this, are you paid for your time to go to the dispatcher or whoever to "fix" these routes? Also I'm curious as to who you talk to about this. I know when I go to my dispatcher because I have no 7 or 8000 section for 3 or more weeks and 160 stops are crammed into 6 sections my pleas for help fall on deaf ears. I'm told that the loader should know to "snake the load".(yeah right) Maybe you can enlighten me as to how you get things done on other drivers rtes when I can't even get my load done right. Forget about setting EDD up stop for stop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let me ask this, are you paid for your time to go to the dispatcher or whoever to "fix" these routes? Also I'm curious as to who you talk to about this. I know when I go to my dispatcher because I have no 7 or 8000 section for 3 or more weeks and 160 stops are crammed into 6 sections my pleas for help fall on deaf ears. I'm told that the loader should know to "snake the load".(yeah right) Maybe you can enlighten me as to how you get things done on other drivers rtes when I can't even get my load done right. Forget about setting EDD up stop for stop.

This is the exact point being missed by some (UpState).
Most of us aren't in a center where things work as they should.
Very few of us enjoy an effective support network within our managerial ranks.
When the apathy starts at the top, why wouldn't it trickle down?
In my center the "squeeky wheel" system is full affect, a system in which I excel.
My DOL is for the most part in good order, but would not be had I not made the dispatch supe miserable for countless mornings till it was.
Not many have that type of fortitude, hence the attitudes you read in this thread.
So to UpState and Dilli who seem to be in a better place than most, be thankful and little less judgemental towards those less fortunate.

P.S. I don't however subscribe to the notion of sabatoging the system in order to further our value as a Teamster.

Johney

In my center the "squeeky wheel" system is full affect, a system in which I excel.
My DOL is for the most part in good order, but would not be had I not made the dispatch supe miserable for countless mornings till it was.
Not many have that type of fortitude, hence the attitudes you read in this thread.
So to UpState and Dilli who seem to be in a better place than most, be thankful and little less judgemental towards those less fortunate.

P.S. I don't however subscribe to the notion of sabatoging the system in order to further our value as a Teamster.
Thank you. I think you get the point.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My on car sup. We are a very small center (extended) and he does everything.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I'm not sure why you think I am being judgmental.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not sure why you think I am being judgmental.

Not sure now either since it was five days ago since that post.
Not up for a reread but will offer this plausable explaination.
The writen word, void of inflection and physical expression, can be easily misinterpreted.
This must be an impression I came away with during the developement of this thread.
Perhaps I lumped you in with UpState, whom you now seem chummy with.
(By the way, didn't you two despise each other in the not to distant past?)
If you weren't a fair target for the implication I apologize, but the underlying message I stand behind.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The writen word, void of inflection and physical expression, can be easily misinterpreted.
This must be an impression I came away with during the developement of this thread.
If you weren't a fair target for the implication I apologize, but the underlying message I stand behind.
And it could have just as easily been something I said. :happy2: There are some things that I tend to be very passionate about, or very opinionated if you prefer. I won't deny it. I try not to let it get personal but I am not always very successful in this. I am thankful but I also feel some of the whining that goes on here is unnecessary. I stand by what I said. 'HE' helps those who help themselves.

You said, ".............Dilli who seem to be in a better place than most, ..............". It is true (if you are referring to center mgt) that my mgt team is good. But it was not always so. We have had sups that were not worth the powder to ........ well you get the idea. I have had to fight to get where I am. I've had to fight mgt and other drivers alike so I tend to come out swinging when I really don't need to. UPS has taught me well how to defend myself.

I couldn't agree with you more on the apathy.

As for Dave, without putting words in his mouth, it is true that we don't always see eye to eye on some things (well, 1 thing.) but I have always thought him to be very funny. I have told him so many times. As far as I am concerned what has happened in the past is long buried and I really wish to keep it that way. I hope he agrees. I think he does. I don't want to go back there.

Johney

My on car sup. We are a very small center (extended) and he does everything.
Are you paid for this time spent fixing other drivers rtes? My on car is a great guy also, but he sure as hell isn't going to take time to fix my mess he is on road everyday. My dispatcher just ignores the problem. But then again I don't care about my EDD just the condition of the load which isn't going to change.

WOW you and I must either be separated at birth or have ESP because you are spot on to what I was thinking.