Does anyone use the attorneys provided through our benefits?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
If so is it worth it? Are they helpful? I have a wage garnishment going on that I’ve paid almost $6k to the last year and I’m sick of it. Ready to fight.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes... it’s a great benefit that many parts of the country don’t have.. take advantage of it...and don’t forget to use them for a will....

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I used the legal benefit several years ago and was quite pleased with the result. And it cost me zero. They worked on my case for about a year. Several phone calls, emails and letters were included and I'd estimate the out of pocket value to be somewhere in the thousands of dollars I saved. Go for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used our legal benefit when I closed on my condo. You are given the choice of using one of their lawyers or they will provide up to $400 if you choose to use your own. I was very pleased with the results.

Coldworld, unless you a Rockefellor, there really is no need to use a lawyer to draft a will. I used www.doyourownwill.com-----it was very easy to use and I was pleased with results.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I used our legal benefit when I closed on my condo. You are given the choice of using one of their lawyers or they will provide up to $400 if you choose to use your own. I was very pleased with the results.

Coldworld, unless you a Rockefellor, there really is no need to use a lawyer to draft a will. I used www.doyourownwill.com-----it was very easy to use and I was pleased with results.
Why would you need a lawyer to close on a condo??? And I used the lawyer for the will because I have scammers in our family who I have to make sure do not try to take my money and my kids for that matter...and it was free so why not??

542thruNthru

Why would you need a lawyer to close on a condo??? And I used the lawyer for the will because I have scammers in our family who I have to make sure do not try to take my money and my kids for that matter...and it was free so why not??

Back east they use lawyers when buying or selling a place. I honestly don't know exactly why. Here I CA you don't need one.

Used them for my adoptions. Easy and free. They did all of the work.

The wife and I are going to adopt. Once she owns the place she's running and/or I finish progression. Not too worried about passing the genes along I'm sure there's tons of bastard babies of mine running around a few states.

Back east they use lawyers when buying or selling a place. I honestly don't know exactly why. Here I CA you don't need one.

It's the weirdest thing. My aunt and uncle did when they bought their house, and we used one for both the house and for my grandmother's execution of will.

To be fair though I had a buddy drop 3 grand on lawyers fees and stuff after buying a home with fudged inspection paperwork. In the long run he saved 20k, but sucks he had to pay it. It's gotta be that other states are more strict on inspection services or they do it through government and just figure it into taxes.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's the weirdest thing. My aunt and uncle did when they bought their house, and we used one for both the house and for my grandmother's execution of will.

To be fair though I had a buddy drop 3 grand on lawyers fees and stuff after buying a home with fudged inspection paperwork. In the long run he saved 20k, but sucks he had to pay it. It's gotta be that other states are more strict on inspection services or they do it through government and just figure it into taxes.
yes im going to sue you

Gman33909

I believe the enrollment window is closed you had to enroll in dec, I believe, but doesn't hurt to call and see if you can still enroll

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I believe the enrollment window is closed you had to enroll in dec, I believe, but doesn't hurt to call and see if you can still enroll
You’re right, enrollment period is closed. I never received my informational packet in the mail and was too busy working peak to notice the window was closing. I guess they offer an appeal process, so going to take that route and see what happens!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
429B1981-5F09-4AC8-99BA-13D6628A9275.gif
Who do I call about these legal benefits? My local?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I believe it mentions not handling cases against the employer. The garnishment isn’t imposed by UPS and has nothing to do with it they merely take my money and give it to the third party. Don’t see why the legal representation couldn’t help me.