Does COLA and Minimum wage not apply for vacation pay?

Swagus

I am assuming that both the COLA and Minimum wage that go into effect on 8/1 should be getting paid for vacations taken during August. in looking at my check they are showing my pay rate for the first two weeks of August as $15.33. Am I missing something here?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am assuming that both the COLA and Minimum wage that go into effect on 8/1 should be getting paid for vacations taken during August. in looking at my check they are showing my pay rate for the first two weeks of August as $15.33. Am I missing something here?
Take your gross pay listed on that stub and divide it by the hours paid and I think you will find it reflects your new contractual pay rate of $15.50 plus the $.82 COLA increase.

Happens every year, not sure why they can't update the rate of pay field for these prepaid checks.

Swagus

thank you much appreciated. IT looks like they did get the 16.65 as the rate it just seems dumb that they can't get the amount right in the rate. but nbd if they are paying correctly just don't reflect the correct rate.

Johney

I’m pretty sure that vacation pay is paid two weeks in advance? So I don’t think your raise will show in those checks. I could be wrong, but my raises never showed in my vacation checks before they were implemented.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I’m pretty sure that vacation pay is paid two weeks in advance? So I don’t think your raise will show in those checks. I could be wrong, but my raises never showed in my vacation checks before they were implemented.
You are supposed to ask what supplumenté he's in before answering.

Trucker Clock

I’m not going to say that you’re wrong, but the correct amount will show on the paychecks.

The rate will still show the current rate. Payroll will say that can’t change the shown rate until everyone changes after Aug 1.

The first weeks check in Aug may even show the wrong rate.

MattM

In my supplement,Vacation is based on the year prior (anniversary date to anniversary date). It has nothing to do with a new raise.

They divide the 52 week anniversary date period amount by 52. it depends on your anniversary/seniority date/refresh date on upsers time off viewer.

Say your anniversary date is 5/27. For my supplement, you’ll need to just add up your gross income from 5/27 to the year prior and divide by 52. Even if you choose to use 3-4 weeks in September , vacation is basically pro rated

If your anniversary is day 11/17, the new hourly rate from 8/1 to 11/17 should apply to your 52 weeks average when it comes to that.

Unless you’re talking about sick or personal or option type days. Vacation is usually pro rated out

For part timers, it even says 20 hours as the pay rate but you get your salary average,
Nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:

MattM

Furthermore

Say your anniversary is exactly 1/1 of each year. Your salary could be easiest computed by averaging your yearly total by 52.

In this basic example,
Your 2022 vacation is based on the salary figures of 2021

Let’s say for basic sake, you made $52,000 in 2021. You should expect a $1,000 weekly vacation check.

Now let’s say you have 4 weeks vacation set for late august. The $1,000 weekly should still apply to you as long as your anniversary date stays the same. Even if you work 2 times the hours in 2022, that would simply make your 2023 vacation average/wage higher.

ManInBrown

Here if the vacation falls after the pay raise, you get the pay raise in the vacation checks. Doesn’t matter if they were cut prior the change. Is this different local to local?

Trucker Clock

Here if the vacation falls after the pay raise, you get the pay raise in the vacation checks. Doesn’t matter if they were cut prior the change. Is this different local to local?

Where I’m at, yes, you get the raise and the gross amount of the check is correct. But the pay rate still shows the current rate, not the updated rate.

JL 0513

If your vacation falls after the raise date and it's not reflected in you advanced check, you're being defrauded.

upschuck

If your vacation falls after the raise date and it's not reflected in you advanced check, you're being defrauded.
You got it, unless you're in progression. Divide your gross income by your hours, and it will be your new rate. For whatever reason, the rate shows your current rate, instead of the new rate, but you got paid correctly.