Does Delivery drivers and feeder drivers get paid overtime-time and a half?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
5 10 hr shifts equal 10 hours overtime...either 10 hours past 40 hrs..or 2 hrs each day....either way it's 10 hrs OT... If u only work 4 10 hr days then yes u get 36 hrs straight time...4 hrs OT

You just proved my point of why it's not the same in your last sentence! If you work four 10 hour days with the overtime after 40 hours rule, you would just have 40 hours of straight time and no OT. But with the overtime after 8 hours rule, you would have 32 hours of straight time and 8 hours of OT. The difference is clearer in a week where you don't work everyday.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Feeder drivers usually do just that, 60 hours per week. In package it depends on your route. Myself, I usually do between 52-55 hours per week.
I'd like to be able to walk without a cane when I bounce out this mother.

I'd work 60 in feeders no doubt about that.
In package 50 hours is right where I like to be at.
The work-life balance is different for everyone.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ummm no. 4 10 hour days would be 32 straight time hours and 8 ot.
image.jpg

By The Book

Also if you have worked 40 hours before Friday, it's OT all day Friday. (The west). Sorry @Cementups, I guess you have to work over 8 hours before you get overtime on Friday even though you may have 40 hours in before Friday. In the west holiday work is time and a half in addition to the holiday pay.
Ok..I'm going to own my Shiite! The OT is paid after 8 hours and in excess of 40 straight time hours. It is also paid for 6th punch and Saturday for those on a Monday thru Friday workweek. Nor cal west.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You are incorrect AGAIN. You get paid holiday and double time for time worked, others like to consider it triple time.
i usually worked only one holiday a year, New Years eve and I got double time and a half. but i'll will have to go through my check stubs to double check. was working on the nor-cal supplement.

sunday was double time. saturday was time and a half unless you had a tues-sat bid run. then sat was 35 cents more an hour. there are so many different pay rates it is hard to remember .

jaker

trolling
i usually worked only one holiday a year, New Years eve and I got double time and a half. but i'll will have to go through my check stubs to double check. was working on the nor-cal supplement.

sunday was double time. saturday was time and a half unless you had a tues-sat bid run. then sat was 35 cents more an hour. there are so many different pay rates it is hard to remember .
If you are in Cali then it should be time and half if you work on a Holiday