Does Orion recalculate your route if you break of?

dudebro

That's the ultimate goal, but it's a few years away. Right now it's "static", meaning the plan you start work with is the plan you got.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

The system sucks it doesn't take into account real time real world happens any driver with area knowledge an actually real time real world happens can do better.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No it's set at the beginning of the day before you leave

this is correct. Its planned out before you leave, so in other words, youre screwed before you even pretrip your car.

You can see how bad it is once you look at the screen. At that moment you will do a "WTF" and then wonder how the company could spend millions on a system so horrible and useless.

And for those who think "we" are exaggerating, just wait till you get it. Now, of course, in a rural area, orion probably wont make that much of a difference, but if you are in a big city, look out, you will want to pull your hair out.

Allowances go DOWN when you go on Orion. Something else to consider. For example, if you have a trailer park with multiple stops, Orion will ONLY see one (1) stop and will only credit you for that one (1) stop even if you have 20 stops.

The engineer will have to put in a MANUAL time allowance based on an average so you can get enough time, for example, if you tell him it takes you 25 minutes, he will put in a one (1) stop credit of 25 minutes. That way, no matter how many stops you have, it will credit you 25 minutes for the section.

Same with industrial buildings with multiple units, ( a through j) its a one (1) stop credit for the whole building no matter how many units are recieving packages that day.

No matter, its a joke. Between doing three stops in your business section, then Orion telling you to break off and go across town for three residential streets, then returning to where you broke off is the point where you just simply TURN IT OFF and leave it off for the day.

As for me, the engineer has tried to get the junk to work, and he cannot, so, Ive been told NOT to use it on my route.

I cant wait to go back to feeder in a few months. This blows.

TOS.

RealPerson

this is correct. Its planned out before you leave, so in other words, youre screwed before you even pretrip your car.

You can see how bad it is once you look at the screen. At that moment you will do a "WTF" and then wonder how the company could spend millions on a system so horrible and useless.

And for those who think "we" are exaggerating, just wait till you get it. Now, of course, in a rural area, orion probably wont make that much of a difference, but if you are in a big city, look out, you will want to pull your hair out.

Allowances go DOWN when you go on Orion. Something else to consider. For example, if you have a trailer park with multiple stops, Orion will ONLY see one (1) stop and will only credit you for that one (1) stop even if you have 20 stops.

The engineer will have to put in a MANUAL time allowance based on an average so you can get enough time, for example, if you tell him it takes you 25 minutes, he will put in a one (1) stop credit of 25 minutes. That way, no matter how many stops you have, it will credit you 25 minutes for the section.

Same with industrial buildings with multiple units, ( a through j) its a one (1) stop credit for the whole building no matter how many units are recieving packages that day.

No matter, its a joke. Between doing three stops in your business section, then Orion telling you to break off and go across town for three residential streets, then returning to where you broke off is the point where you just simply TURN IT OFF and leave it off for the day.

As for me, the engineer has tried to get the junk to work, and he cannot, so, Ive been told NOT to use it on my route.

I cant wait to go back to feeder in a few months. This blows.

TOS.

What a Cluster.