Does this happen often?

Luxoric

Junkrat Main
One of the drivers I load for says that recipients ask him all the time to assemble the thing they ordered and where to put it in their house (mostly furniture). People don't actually do this; they know you're just delivering the package right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the drivers I load for says that recipients ask him all the time to assemble the thing they ordered and where to put it in their house (mostly furniture). People don't actually do this; they know you're just delivering the package right?

I often joke that "assembly is not included" when I deliver something that needs to be put together.

No, we don't assemble anything ----we put the package wherever (within reason) they want it and go on our way.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I often joke that "assembly is not included" when I deliver something that needs to be put together.

No, we don't assemble anything ----we put the package wherever (within reason) they want it and go on our way.

9 times out of 10. We pick it back up after a couple days. Especially exercise equipment. Then I jokingly say. Looks like I'm the only one who worked out with this thing

CHALLY9TX

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1473384941.588956.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What if was Playboy's Miss July?

StoptheAct1212

Best one ever i had a 100+ pound call tag for a an apartment on 3rd floor.. knock on door. Hot girl answers.... im here to pick up package... opens door, its a dresser all put together.. i said whats wrong.. she said its warped... from aquick look i already knew what was wrong...she said the drawers dont go in.... i asked who put it together,, expecting it was her... no my boyfriend.... i said you need a man.. u got a screwdriver... i can fix this in a minute.. the tracks were on upside down... duuh... thankfully im a honest and respectful guy... she was soo damn fine... customer happy... and the only reason i helped her is...... i didnt feel like lugging that back.... and being a good person

sox

Back in the early 80's got called in to the center manager's office brought my steward with me as we always did center manager "you tell someone your assistant would be along shortly to put the thing together? Me "of course not r u nuts? Loved that stuff that's all I miss except "where is my regular driver ? "Not sure heard it was his honeymoon don't know I'm new"

rod

Retired 22 years
Back years ago we use to deliver new phones and pick up the old ones when people called the phone company for service. I bet I installed five hundred of them over the years. I could do it in about 45 seconds.