Does your Center make or lose money on Sat Air

oldngray

nowhere special
It is probably cheaper to ship Sat air instead of early AM for Monday. Some companies just want it first thing Monday morning and will get it Saturday and let it sit until Monday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is probably cheaper to ship Sat air instead of early AM for Monday. Some companies just want it first thing Monday morning and will get it Saturday and let it sit until Monday.

In most cases, unless the part is absolutely needed for Saturday, it is still cheaper to use EAM rather than Saturday NDA.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Our Saturday air drivers aren't worth a crap. Half my Monday airs are Saturday send-agains. How can you
NI 1 a non-sig house stop?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
In most cases, unless the part is absolutely needed for Saturday, it is still cheaper to use EAM rather than Saturday NDA.

Wrong again.

From the UPS website:

8 lb. package shipped from Atlanta to Richmond VA
Package shipped on a Friday

NDA Saturday delivery $108.78
NDA EAM Monday delivery $123.45

Thanks. I know the sat. air rate is more per hour then the pre-load pay but I'm questioning if being classified as an RTD/TCD is it a different rate then it would be if non-RTD/TCD?

Dr.Brownz

My building currently loose money delivering Sat Air do to a contract seniority issue that has come about with the adding of TCDs. All the PT Sat Air drivers signed the list to be TCD from June 1 to Jan 15. That being said they move from the PT seniority list to the FT seniority list for the time they TCD and aren't considered PT Sat Air Drivers for the time. So there is no Sat PT air drivers and they can't fill those position with more PT because the TCD will be going back to them After Jan 15. So they have to put a list up for FT drivers to sign every week to drive on Sat and the Sat Air drivers don't have enough FT seniority to make the cut. So they are paying FT drivers $51.54 hr to drive on Sat.

I had 20 stops today and it took me 4 hrs they paid me almost $10.50 a stop. That's some of the easiest $200 + dollars you can make.

Any other building have this problem.

Looks like big brown should stop playing games with TCD's and create some more jobs

barnyard

KTM rider
Looks like big brown should stop playing games with TCD's and create some more jobs

We have 3 TCD in my center. They work most of the time in summer, non stop at peak and the occasional Friday the rest of the year. If they were perm, they would be laid off, bumping onto the preload and local sort.